Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best Boating sunglasses???

I like MauiJim.com & SmithOptics.com
Old 01-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Registered

Here's the magazine article that prompted me to try out the FishGillz..Everything in the article is true and I couldn't be happier.

New From Fishgillz™ - Floating Polarized Sunglasses

Laguna Beach, CA, (Fishgillz Inc.)** August 10, 2007 -- A sunglass company in Southern California, has created a unique pair of polarized sunglasses that actually float in water. Jeff Godels, company VP said, " We*wanted sunglasses specifically designed for boaters and fishermen. Our objective was to address 4 areas of concern: Maximum Protection, Ultimate Comfort, a Floating Feature, and we wanted to provide these features at an affordable price. "
Weighing only 1/2 of an ounce, FishGillz are extremely comfortable.The sleek, wrap-around frame*protects the user from wind, pelting water, and harmful UV rays. The glasses are made of a durable, polymer blend that float when dropped overboard, and FishGillz provides all this for under $40.
"Most Fishermen and boaters spend long days out in the sun, so our focus was on comfort, and more importantly, protection from the intense sunlight*that reflects off the water, " Godels said, " We got the idea for the floating feature after talking to several friends who lost expensive sunglasses in the ocean.

FishGillz uses a*multi-layer, high-impact lense, that*includes a dual anti-reflective layer, a scratch resistant hard coat, a water-proof layer, and a polarized micro-filter that provides*total protection for the user.

Captain Don Ewing, Miami Sport Fishing Charter

**" While wearing other sunglasses on my boat,*I had problems with*wind getting behind the frames and hitting my eyes. With Fishgillz, I don't have that problem, and the polarized lenses completely filter out the glare. Over the years I've watched several pairs of shades disappear*into the ocean, so the floating feature is important to me.

I*have been a ship’s Captain (professionally and personally), master diver and all around yachtsman for over 40 years. I put FishGillz to the test, and give them an A+ rating*in the world of sunglasses. "

Fishgillz were created for water-related sports, but because of their ultra*light, wrap around sport frames, and distortion-free polarized lenses, they can be used for any and all types of outdoor activities.* The website site is available at www.FishGillzUSA.com
Old 01-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Costa Del Mar all the way. I have had them for 5 years. Anthing happens to them at all send them back and they will always repair or replace. Best warranty service ever. They also keep out the wind very well, and the polarized glass lenses are perfect for reading the water.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered

I wear SOS sunglasses and love them, the wrap around style keep the wind out at 70+ mph, the frames and lenses have been very durable and they have also have polarized models. The last time I bought these they were between 25 and 60.00 for the polarized, they are now on clearance 2 for 30.00.. I just ordered 6 pair... very good inexpensive glasses IMO... http://www.soseyewear.com/
Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

MJ are the best by far in my opionion been wereing them ever since ive been boat and never want to give them up. Great style awsome protection from the sun and glare off the water. I have the Coastals small but i have a small head so they fit perfect. Give them a shot. i bet u wont go to anythign less.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

I had good luck with the billet Gatorz at 160mph as far as staying on my face but like the optics of the MJ and revo's have'nt tried the Costa's yet,
Old 01-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Lost my Gatorz, so now need a new pair. What does everyone use that will stay on and have a crisp clear lens that wont scratch. What site is the best place to get them. I love the Billet glasses they are very light, but wanted to check around maybe there is better technology out there now.
Gatorz Radiators are perfect for powerboating as well as skiing, mountain biking, motorcycling, volleyball, or anything active where you need a pair of strong lightweight glasses that will stay on your head. I have probably had 10 pairs, as I generally lose a pair or two per year. Sometimes I even order 2 pairs at a time. $110 at www.metalsunglasses.com. Plus they look rad! Yes, I know Maui Jim's lenses are better, I have a pair of those, too. But you asked about best boating sunglasses.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Registered

Serengetti. Hands down. I started using their driving glasses years ago and the reduction in glare is amazing.

Seeing all the detail is important, especially on the water.

The other really nice feature is that color tone does not change at all. Colors remain true. Nothing like a 30k paintjob that changes colors due to cheesy sunglasses .

I hate imitations. Oakley, etc. They're always too dark, I carry a few back-ups in the console though.

Sam's had a nice deal on Serengetti drivers.

If you don't like them for boating, at least try their driving glasses. You won't be disappointed.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Costas are the best.I have two pairs and a pair of MJ's.I am on the water 4 times a week minimum in high sun.Relective blue and green lenses in MP-2 frame.I wear contacts and at high speeds even over 100 I have no problems.I break them and they fix them for freight charge only.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:35 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Best Boating sunglasses???

MJ's I have 3 pairs now had more but, we break them or loose them good think I have a connection

Quick Reply: Best Boating sunglasses???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.