Notices

couple weeks ago on LOTO

Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: couple weeks ago on LOTO

ive been hearing some bad stories about the concrete docks, your ramps and stiff arms points take some abuse just make sure your cables dont let it move to much side to side, at one time or another ive had just about every thing that can get broke on a dock break.

later
Old 08-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse James
Later,

I have a bid laying right here on a two slip concrete dock (not just decking but the modular concrete) 16x52 slip and 12x50 slip with 12x24 platform and 20x8 storage shed/bar the price was 57k which shocked me because I went back to Ozark dock and Barge and it was 86k for the same dock......the concrete dock has an estimated weight of 148,500 lbs this would have to help I would think but I would be interested in what you have heard.....I am in Broken Arrow Cove on the Porta Cima side about a 15 degree angle from the dock where speed racer and monoply sit..
Shane did you hit the powerball spending 60 grand on a dock?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

i have heard that the concrete moduler are through bolted to hold them together and in the rough water were they are attached starts to wobble out the attaching point making them loose and then causing the moduler to move around.
later
Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Cant you drive posts into the bottom and have your lifts on them? The the rough will not matter at all. At leaste not for the boats.....

Jon
Old 08-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys luckily I am in a quiet cove... but for reference...

What in the crap do you do in that situation? Was the boat full of water? Was it still being held by the lift?

Thanks SoS
Old 08-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Cant you drive posts into the bottom and have your lifts on them? The the rough will not matter at all. At leaste not for the boats.....

Jon
No, we are talking about depths of 30'-70'. The docks pretty much have to be free floating dock secured with heavy duty ramps, stiff arms and cables all attaching to fixed points on the shoreline.

Chad
Old 08-09-2005, 09:12 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by later
Sean H
do you have one of the concrete docks or concrete decking. if its a concrete dock how is it holding up? the design is relativly new and have been wondering how there doing in the rough.

later
Altho not down that far, I live right off the channel in a very busy cove, with a restaurant in the rear, so we see lots of traffic and lately tons of huge boats and wakes. I have one of the poured concrete docks, from Rush Dock and Crane, and I love it. The dock barely moves except in the worst waves. Walkway attaches at four points with 3/4 inch grade eight bolts.

Have also heard that there is something else available to prevent alot of movement. Apparently they are something like a huge upside down umbrella looking thing that gets suspended under the dock, and supposedly helps a great deal. I'll be looking for them next.

Good luck.
John
Sunrise Upholstery
Old 08-09-2005, 09:43 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SinkorSwim
Hey guys luckily I am in a quiet cove... but for reference...

What in the crap do you do in that situation? Was the boat full of water? Was it still being held by the lift?

Thanks SoS
you try to get the lift out from underneath it so it falls back into the slip......
Old 08-09-2005, 03:06 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

no I just cant afford the boat I want yet so I figure I will just get prepared........but what a price shock I bought a new Ozark Dock and Barge dock in 2000 12x40 with 12x24 swim dock and 40 ft ramp with 8x12 shed for 22,500 new.....

I have seen some dock place take 55 gallon drums and fill them with concrete then place angle iron through in several places sticking out about 1-2 feet and hang them about 15 feet under the dock.......to act like a stabilizer has any one here tried that?
weighting the dock, however the method, is good way to keep the strain down on your dock...
Old 08-09-2005, 03:48 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Sean How does your dock oppose the incoming waves do they hit broadside or from the back?
i hit them square on, which is why i think my dock has done as well as it has... it doesn't get a lot of twisting action unless cruisers come and go out of my cove..

Quick Reply: couple weeks ago on LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.