Notices

Arneson ASD 6's

Old 08-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Arneson ASD 6's

How hard are they to find used and what are the costs, how much new? I am thinking about ditching my TRS drives for Arnesons. The Formula came with Kaama drives so I know it works very well on this boat.

Jon
Old 08-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Arneson ASD 6's

Jon,
Would you PLEASE let me just set you up with some Konrads? It's a bolt on conversion! Nothing wrong with the ASD6's but I think they are overkill for what you're running.

Fionn
Old 08-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Lofty I am waiting for my good buddy Biggus to see this

I want to do something different on this thing. I also think that the Arnesons while being a bit more work will be much cheaper and also offer a speed increase.

I am running about 575 hp now but from what I understand from my engine builder with a larger blower and cooler I can run quite a bit more.

Jon
Old 08-08-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

Yeah Kurts gonna' kick your azz for looking at another drive set up! The Arnesons work great but I don't know how cheap they will be.... sorry Rik!
Old 08-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked into the TRS to ASD conversion and had several long conversations with Rik at Arneson and Howard Arenson also.

The biggest issue on my SR357 was moving the engine forward (to change COG) and lowering the engine to get the ASD6 to the right relationship to surfacae of water. I had three of the ASD's to--so the hardware wasn't the issue.

It is a neat conversion---but for reality sake the Knorad is realistic from technical and financial point of view
Old 08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Poorsche: They make a TRS-Arneson Conversion. The CG on the 302 should not be an issue as they were desingned to run with a surface drive......

The real question for me is going to be money. If the Konrads will be cheaper by a bit then I will go with them. If Arnesons are cheaper then I will probably go with them. Plus with the Arneson you get the cool rooster

If I go with Arneson there is the added cost of props (I do think that they have a prop shaft addaptor to fit regular bravo style props now), with Konrad there is the added cost of the external steering.....

Jon
Old 08-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jon, Don't forget when you need to get props for the Arneson. BIG$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Just another thought.
How is the Project coming?

Mark
Old 08-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

All said, if you can get the drives used you are way far ahead of the Konrad's.

Poorsche did not want to purchase the stand off boxes which would have aided his boats in terms of performance and balance. He would have to leave the engines were they currently reside. The engines would not have had to be any lower.

The person who he sold them to purchased the boxes for his 34' Scarab and is very happy with the results.

There are some drives out there, Poorsche was given three of them for FREE, lucky guy! I never seem to know where they are but some people are far better hunters than I.

How can something that is relaibe and fast be over kill????

Propellers, what does a Hering for a Bravo cost? I'd say nearly as much as a Speedmaster prop.

Last edited by Rik; 08-08-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
How can something that is relaibe and fast be over kill????

... I knew you would get urked over that comment! It's a sweet drive to be sure. I know all the guys locally are happy as hell with them.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon, for God's sake, please get that thing in the water before I go in the rest home.

Quick Reply: Arneson ASD 6's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.