Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat.  Questions regarding Fountain SC's? >

Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat. Questions regarding Fountain SC's?

Notices

Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat. Questions regarding Fountain SC's?

Old 08-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat. Questions regarding Fountain SC's?

I sold my Mistress this past weekend and now am actively looking for aother boat. Since I boat on Lake Michigan I need something that can handle the rough stuff but still be able to do at least ~70mph+. I was planning to look exclusively at Top Gun's but my wife wants something with a little more cabin/cockpit space, head, etc. but I don't want to give up performance and go to a cruiser and I want soemthing that is towable.

I've been looking at Formula Sunsports/Supersports but the biggest one they make that is realistically towable is the 33 Sunsport and it seems small. Plus, who wants to go down in size? The 38 Supersport is too heavy unfortunately and the Formulas bring a premium price.

Today I was browsing through the classifieds and came across some Fountain Sport Cruisers that looked like they might fit the bill and the prices were surprisingly more affordable than I thought they would be. This isn't a slam against Fountain, but they seem to be comparably less expensive than Cigarette or Formula.

My question for anyone who has ever owned one of the Fountain Sport Crusiers is how do they handle, build quality, ease of resale, maintian value, performance (cruise/top end), overall impressions/opinions?

I really want a Top Gun but for various reasons might have to wait another boat or two to get back into a Cig (2.5 year old daughter, etc) plus my wife has started to like boating and has even indicated she'd help me pay for this one.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat. Questions regarding Fountain SC's?

What if you went to a Formula 382? Nice cabin, decent speeds w/ 525's, (quicker than a SuperSport) and easily towable?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat. Questions regarding Fountain SC's?

We have a 47SC for sale. Quality is pretty good, ride is unbelievable, almost boring sometimes, performance is 50-55 mph cruise and tops out around 75mph lightly loaded. Has all the cruiser amenities in a go fast hull including trailer
Old 08-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replys, I've been looking at a few Fastechs online, I need to see/show my wife one in person. As for the 47SC I'm sure the weight is too much for my truck. My truck is only rated for 12000 lbs and my target boat size is 35-38 because I have to be able to launch/load it alone if necessary.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Registered

I've owned a 38SCfor several years. Great boat. Call me if you want to know more.

cell 513-233-5648

Kent
Old 08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Registered

If you would like some info on the fountian sc send me an email and I would be happy to send you some information on the fountian line up!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat.  Questions regarding Fountain SC's?-42proker-run-boat.jpg  
Old 08-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Registered

Go take a ride in the Formula 33SS before making up your mind. It is by far one of the most versitile boats ever built.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Monty
Thanks for the replys, I've been looking at a few Fastechs online, I need to see/show my wife one in person. As for the 47SC I'm sure the weight is too much for my truck. My truck is only rated for 12000 lbs and my target boat size is 35-38 because I have to be able to launch/load it alone if necessary.
The 382 Fastech doesn't have stand up head room. For that size, a 386 Sonic is a better choice for your wife. We like our 47SC but it is time for something different. We pull it with an 2004 F350 crew cab diesel dually. Does a great job. Good luck with your search and if you change your mind about the 47SC, let us know.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Registered

formula makes a very very nice boat but the fountian has a much better hull and has a better ride in rough water and has the fastest hull built today!!! we sell other boat lines all of which are very good but fountian has the best hulls, just ask anyone that owns one
Old 08-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Registered

I have a 2003 Sonic 386 for Sale at Grand Sport Center, Elmwood Park, Illinois. www.grandsportcenter.com

t/525's w/ITS
Attached Thumbnails Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat.  Questions regarding Fountain SC's?-s-runweb.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sold the Cig, looking for a new boat. Questions regarding Fountain SC's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.