Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer? >

Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Notices

Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Old 08-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Re: Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Originally Posted by birdog
Is Rob still at the same Marina?..I loved that place, One of the nicest I have ever visited. Nice place & nice people. Are they the ones trying to do away with Perf-Boats ?...If so It;s a shame !
I spoke to Rob a few weeks ago and told me that he is going to start keeping his boat at home. The marina was keeping a handful of performance boats on racks on the floor of one of their storage buildings, but they have evidently kicked them out. They will still offer storage for them, but outside only. They said that they were tired of having to move the speed boats in order to get to boats on the racks above. But wait, the speed boats were paying for storage just like everybody else, right? It doesn't make sense. Rob said that if his boat is going to be outside, he might as well save the money spent on storage and keep it on the trailer at home. When he wants to us it he will just have to take it to the marina. I have to say that I agree. I was going to use them for the same in and out storage that Rob and the others have, but if the boat is gonna be outside, I might as well have it here at home and save the storage fees.

This is the same marina that I have been rounds with. They will handle my Apache only with the travel lift, not the fork lift. There is no doubt that the fork lift is big enough to handle my boat, but I think that they would rather hit me for the travel lift fees. They handled Rob's old Tiger with the fork lift with no problems. That was a full cabin 42 footer and we are only 3 feet longer with no cabin. All of our weight, including fuel tanks, is from the cockpit back. That forklift will handle it, no doubt. I even offered to buy the strap kit from their fork lift manufacturer to make them feel better about moving the Apache, but they don't seem to be interested. Not yet anyway, but I am still working on it.

After more than 5 months of calling and stopping by to leave messages, I finally got in touch with the top guy down there. Now I don't know if he was avoiding me or if he never got the messages, but either way I finally tracked him down and he agreed to get together and try the fork lift to see how it does. I also asked him about putting a lift in one of the slips (even just a hydrohoist) and he was absolutely against the idea just like everybody else there, even if I signed a long term lease. Anyhow, at least he agreed to try the forklift. He still seemed a little uptight about it, but I am gonna follow through to see what happens. I kinda think that he may have agreed to try it just to get me off his back. If it works, like I think it will, then we can use that to put the boat in and out from the trailer. This would be substantially cheaper than the travel lift. Now that the marlin tournament is over, I am gonna try to get down there this coming week to see what happens. I am hoping that this works because it is a really nice marina, it's only a few miles from home and that is also where we keep our center console. I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Will (Hot Duck), I have a 63' dock that would look great with an Apache tied up to it! If you want, bring it up after labor day-if you have some free time. Barnegat bay is deep enough and its only a short ride to the Atlantic from here.
Hope all is going well with your business this year-sure has been hot enough!
Bob
Old 08-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That just sucks !...We have the same problem here. No Marinas will touch the bigger perf. boats so we all trailer. At least It's Fresh Water & we can dunk the trailers.IF there is room at the ramp ! Good luck with your plan ! Sure would like to get up there & see that 45 in person...Robs 41 also !
Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Spicy - I can address the SEACRETS rumor as Leighton Moore was with us last night at Dr. Berger's bachelor party at Trump Marina. Leighton and I talked specifically about the 'for - sale' rumors. Leighton said that SEACRETS is not actively for sale. However, he said that "if someone wins the Mega-Millions and offers me hundreds of millions of dollars, I will consider it".

So no condos for SEACRETS. An additional tidbit for you is that he is not going to deploy the old English's Diner. After running the numbers, it just isn't cost justified.

Hot Duck (Will) - Agreed - It's awfully strange that we paid full price to keep the Top Gun inside and now they've pushed Doc outside. I suspect some of the fisherman complained. I even heard one of them hollering at Tammy last year. This as his Detroit Diesels were belching out toxic fumes!

Barry

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 08-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
.... Leighton said that SEACRETS is not actively for sale. However, he said that "if someone wins the Mega-Millions and offers me hundreds of millions of dollars, I will consider it"........... It's awfully strange that we paid full price to keep the Top Gun inside and now they've pushed Doc outside. I suspect some of the fisherman complained. I even heard one of them hollering at Tammy last year. This as his Detroit Diesels were belching out toxic fumes!

Barry
That is kinda what I figured about Seacrets. Everything is for sale for the right price! I went to the marina today to make an appointment to try our Apache on the forklift. We are gonna give it a shot Friday AM to see if it will work. Earlier in the summer they were kinda short with me, but they were actually nice as can be today. Maybe they were just stressed out about stuff earlier in the season. I saw Rob's Apache outside today and the Cigarette was outside next to it yesterday afternoon. Is Rob still planning to move his boat home or is he going to leave it there outside? I still don't know how they can charge for inside storage and then kick you guys out. I know that Dr. Berger must be a little upset about it as well.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Hot Duck,
Can you bring that beast to the Cambridge Poker Run and Races in September?
Old 08-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Re: Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
Spicy - I can address the SEACRETS rumor as Leighton Moore was with us last night at Dr. Berger's bachelor party at Trump Marina. Leighton and I talked specifically about the 'for - sale' rumors. Leighton said that SEACRETS is not actively for sale. However, he said that "if someone wins the Mega-Millions and offers me hundreds of millions of dollars, I will consider it".

So no condos for SEACRETS. An additional tidbit for you is that he is not going to deploy the old English's Diner. After running the numbers, it just isn't cost justified.

Hot Duck (Will) - Agreed - It's awfully strange that we paid full price to keep the Top Gun inside and now they've pushed Doc outside. I suspect some of the fisherman complained. I even heard one of them hollering at Tammy last year. This as his Detroit Diesels were belching out toxic fumes!

Barry
I think the most drunk I ever was in my life was at Seacrets. I remember dancing with some woman that looked like Kathy Bates, the chick in misery...that night was misery. I wore my "Bar Hopping..OCMD" T-shirt on the boat the other day. It brought back some good memories, or lack there of. I can't remember the names of half the bars we went to the 4 years in a row we went, but it would be a shame if seacrets ever closed because I'm dying to go back.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
Hey Will (Hot Duck), I have a 63' dock that would look great with an Apache tied up to it! If you want, bring it up after labor day-if you have some free time. Barnegat bay is deep enough and its only a short ride to the Atlantic from here.
Hope all is going well with your business this year-sure has been hot enough!
Bob
Hey Bob! That would be great. Maybe Mandy and I can get up there for a weekend in late September or early October. Not only would it be great to run the boat, but I really want to sit down and catch up with you guys. Dennis called the other day and left a message, but I have not had the chance to call him yet. Every time I think about it, it is too late (just like right now). We had all intentions of getting up there to a race or two this summer, but it never happened. I really don't know where the summer went. I guess I just need to figure out a way to get tourists to come to the beach in the winter. Then I could take summers off!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by birdog
Sure would like to get up there & see that 45 in person...Robs 41 also !
Originally Posted by gotime34
.....it would be a shame if seacrets ever closed because I'm dying to go back.
Come on to Maryland then. The weather is hot, the beach is packed, the bikinis are everywhere and the drinks are cold!

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Hot Duck, Can you bring that beast to the Cambridge Poker Run and Races in September?
I spoke to Brett Dean a month ago and followed up with him again just a few days ago about getting registered. He said that the mailing for the run will be going out any day. We have it on the calendar and are planning to attend.

Last edited by Hot Duck; 08-16-2005 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See we got you out to this post ... now the next step is to get you out on the Apache Sorry to hear of the way you go-fast guys are being treated down there But what do yo expect when you own an Apache!!? Make sure you get some pics of the forklift 'attempt' this Friday ... hope it ends up a bit more successful than an 'attempt' too

And ... if you do get up to NJ to see Robert Geoghegan make sure you let us all know and we'll be out there to run with yall!! Some times you gotta step back and enjoy the sunsets Will

Quick Reply: Hot Duck have you been running that 45' Apache this summer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.