Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Proof all drive showers aren't all their cracked up to be.. >

Proof all drive showers aren't all their cracked up to be..

Notices

Proof all drive showers aren't all their cracked up to be..

Old 08-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Proof all drive showers aren't all their cracked up to be..

I think semi surfacing props have the drive hight so high the intake of the cooler is alost out of water. I used to have a outlet from my engine raw water pump through the transon pissing cool water onto the top of the drive cap. 275 hrs on a 97 Bravo1 with 600hp.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can piss on it all you want, a Bravo always gets vengeance by taking a dump on you at some point...
Old 08-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: Proof all drive showers aren't all their cracked up to be..

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
that is why I stop my daytona every 22 minutes and piss on the drive to keep it cool.
You must have gone thru Prostate cancer radiation--caused me to have same problem. Seems like I piss every tiem I stand up now. At least I know it's still there.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Poorsche
You must have gone thru Prostate cancer radiation--caused me to have same problem. Seems like I piss every tiem I stand up now. At least I know it's still there.
no, bud light.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by super termoli
You can piss on it all you want, a Bravo always gets vengeance by taking a dump on you at some point...
Lol!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What Cord said

I have the same on mine and the drives are brand new in color.
they force water down the sides in a sheeting action. Not just a spray to a few spots. But a continuous sheet of water
Best in my book for an add on peice of insurance
Old 08-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
It shows an aft shot of a 27 Daytona running at speed. It appears no water is being directed to the bearing cap of the Bravo drive via an IMCO-style drive shower. I've also noticed this in a lot of other photos in other editions of PB, Hot Boat, etc. Whether it is a boat-specific problem, an optical illusion, etc., I'm not sure. All I do know for sure is that I had a 400 hour + Sunsation Dominator in my driveway performing drive service and the drives were as clean as new even though the owner had never cleaned them. The owner had installed IMCO drive showers when the boat was new. Without the showers, the drives would have been caked in mineral deposits.
I am the person with the 400 plus hours on the bravo drive, behind 454 mags. I am very easy on my drives and engines. And Knot 4 me is right, the Imco showers, if nothing else, made it so I did not have to clean my drives. I never had temp guages on my drives so I don't have actual stats. But I do know the drives are in outstanding condition.

The Imco shower has served me well. On th other hand, I am thinking of the Innovative shower on the next boat, only because the water is fed through the engine water pickup vs an external pcikup on the drive.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Re: Proof all drive showers aren't all their cracked up to be..

Cooling the gear area on a Bravo seems to be a great help, but a lot of Bravo experts I talk to tell me that also keeping good clean fluid in them with regular changes is just as important? Just a chirp in here.

Ray @ Raylar
Old 08-13-2005, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

Gravity dictates that water dumped on the top cap evenly will slide down the sides as it returns to the water below it. I personally believe that a sheet of water sliding down the sides is more effective at removing heat than water that is sprayed thru jets/holes at the sides and is not evenly distributed.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I am the person with the 400 plus hours on the bravo drive, behind 454 mags. I am very easy on my drives and engines. And Knot 4 me is right, the Imco showers, if nothing else, made it so I did not have to clean my drives. I never had temp guages on my drives so I don't have actual stats. But I do know the drives are in outstanding condition.

The Imco shower has served me well. On th other hand, I am thinking of the Innovative shower on the next boat, only because the water is fed through the engine water pickup vs an external pcikup on the drive.
I have just over 500 on stock Bravos (well the 1996 hp Bravos) behind 600hp motors on a 41 Velocity running mostly the ocean waters off NJ. Have Simrek showers and change the Red Line Heavy Shockproof every 50 hours. Other than coming onto plane easy I beat the crap out of them. No problems.

BTW, these are the old style showers before they changed the pickup.

Quick Reply: Proof all drive showers aren't all their cracked up to be..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.