Advice appreciated, new purchase >

Advice appreciated, new purchase

Notices

Advice appreciated, new purchase

Old 08-13-2005, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Advice appreciated, new purchase

I would definately go with twinns. If you break down, you can always get home. If you break down out in the ocean with a single engine....that will probably be the last time the wife will go on the boat
Old 08-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: Advice appreciated, new purchase

I always like to tell my customers, "Unless you have the ability to walk on water, it's better to have a way home!"

TWINS !!

You cant go wrong down there.

John S.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Advice appreciated, new purchase

Originally Posted by Vertus
I have recently moved to Miami and have been considering a performance boat. I've grown up driving lake boats so will be moving up in size. My budget is about $75k. I've been considering a Fountain 29 Fever as an entry level. I still like the idea of a single engine but want something big enough for these new waters. For use around Miami, up to Lauderdale, down to they keys etc, I would appreciate some thoughts. I also like the look of the Formula 292 fastech. Any comments on how these boats compare would be useful. My wife will not be thrilled if I get something too fast (I like fast) with no comfort etc so this needs to be kept in mind. Performance and handling will be important. Are there any years on the 29 fever to be avoided? I've found a few 2000's a like in my price range. Is 29 ft enough for these waters or should I be considering low 30's? All comments and thoughts would be appreciated as I am new to these waters and this class of boat. Thanks.
I saw a new Baja 30' Outlaw with T-6.2L engines...economical and strong with Bravo drives.. for 90K....it's a true 30'er and good for mid 60's. Probably some room to negotiate. PM me if interested...Lime green colors.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Registered

The best bang for your buck all around boat for down here is a performance center console(Pantera, renegade, concept, etc.), with twin outboards.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

FIRST THING IS WELCOME TO THE POWERBOAT CITY OF THE WORLD WHERE IT ALL STARTED WHAT PART OF TOWN ARE YA LIVING IN ? I WOULD GO WITH TWINS IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS AND I WOULD CHECK OUT IN THAT SIZE RANGE EITHER THE 28 PANTERA OR A 33 POWER PLAY <<<< ( ) THOSE ARE BAD BOY BOATS AND THAT PRICE RANGE . ONCE AGAON WELCOME TO MIAMI HOPE TO MEET UP ONE DAY .

MIKE DONZ JR
Old 08-13-2005, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just my .02
Attached Thumbnails Advice appreciated, new purchase-twinscrews.jpg  
Old 08-13-2005, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Twins rule!!
Old 08-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a friend that wants to sell his 00 340 PQ - 502's, no trailer. I think he wants 80k.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
The best bang for your buck all around boat for down here is a performance center console(Pantera, renegade, concept, etc.), with twin outboards.
Welcome to town...

CC's rock here. EZ maintenance, shallow draft to get you to the sandbars.. No lovely straight exhaust sound tho.....

You will not want a narrow beam boat regardless of what you buy tho. Too rocky in the constant wave action we have. 8'6 is perfect for trailerable, if your dock or rack storing it you can go wider of course...
Old 08-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get caught up in all that talk about needing twins to get back. With our type of boating, we are never out of cellphone range to call Seatow, or Tow Boat Us. A year's subscription to a tow company costs much less than maintenence and feeding of a second engine.

There are other reasons to have a twin, but getting home isn't a good reason.

Btw, I'd vote for a 28 Pantera with a big single.

Quick Reply: Advice appreciated, new purchase

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.