Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach >

Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Notices

Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Old 08-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Guy's a cop, alcohol was a factor, 1 critical, driver broken leg.
And he is currently suspended from duty. Ya think.
Sad for all involved. At least no one died, and lets hope the passenger makes a full recovery.
Life is about lessons, this officer is going to be learning one for years to come.
I have cop friends and they cant afford ciggarettes?
This information from fox news, not responsible for inaccuracy. JC
Old 08-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Registered

Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Yup, s'posed to be settn' an example, all he is doing is setting his sentence. He must have been going very fast to launch like this, I bet the "boat" he say was nothing at all, why would there be a boat where he was?? Obviously it was just a small distance to shore and the wall so why would a boat be there unless it was anchored. You know, even if the officer was not driving he was there and knew better. This booze/crash scenario has to end, just what is it going to take to make people learn....before a tragedy like this has to force other behavior???? I hope all pull thru. I for one will not step foot onto a boat or into an auto if the driver has been drinking, even if it is a little, your reaction time is shot and if you are in a situation where someone could hit you there is that loss of judgment that otherwise could have helped avoid the other person hitting you. That and I hate to feel out of control, I will take the wheel for them if sober and if not I will either walk or call a cab. I WILL NOT DIE AS ANOTHER STATISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 08:42 AM
Registered

I guess the driver and the owner were 2 diff people??? Owner was a local Ford dealership?

A hard lesson learned indeed, probably by all of us (again) unfortunately. Hopefully all will recover enuf to tell others what not do do while trying to boat responsibly.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=njgr8ful]I guess the driver and the owner were 2 diff people??? Owner was a local Ford dealership?

From WDIV:
A boat went airborne and crashed into Metro Beach Park early Friday, according to the Macomb County Sheriff's Department.
The driver of the 38-foot Cigarette boat and two others were leaving Jack's Waterfront Restaurant on Lake St. Clair when the driver said he saw another boat in front of him, Sheriff Mark Hackel said.
The driver then tried to steer around the boat, hit the shoreline and launched the vessel over a 3-foot railing and 100 feet into Metro Beach Park, Hackel said.
One passenger was ejected and is in critical condition. Another is in serious condition, and the driver suffered a broken leg, Local 4 reported.
The boat is owned by Paul Shamo, the owner of the Taylor Ford dealership. Shamo is also a volunteer for the Macomb County Sheriff's Department, the station reported.
Sheriff's deputies said that alcohol appeared to be a factor in the crash, but they would not say who was driving the boat until charges are filed.
The boat suffered deep gouges to its bow, but there was no other visible damage

They said it was a fishing boat that was anchored, could be true, could be a story but it does sound odd. Makes me sad since we have done that trip many time, eat at Jacks and then head to Metro to spend the night in the Marina, in fact that is what we plan on doing tonight. We try like hell to leave before dark.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Alcohol was involved? I'm getting pretty tired of alcohol being blamed for anything that goes wrong.
Originally Posted by birdog
Me to !!!! I wish these Phuktards would learn NOT to get drunk & Boat !!...Pretty much why I dont boat at night anymore,I dont need to get run down by some 80mph drunk.
Birdog - I made that statement before there was "rumor" of .25
there are too many accidents blamed on alcohol - when someone had
ABeer.
I totally agree that .25 is laying on the floor - I'm sure I've been there before, or at least I know I've been on the floor. But I'm not going to operate a boat in that state. I'll stay on the floor.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why anybody would expect the drinking and boating to stop, it happens on our roadways all day, everyday, where the risk of getting caught must be 100 times more likely. For most people, boating is a recreational activity and good percentage of the population drinks for recreation. Unfortunately, people don't seem to get the picture until something actually happens to them.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
The boat suffered deep gouges to its bow

Certainly cannot argue with that statement
Attached Thumbnails Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach-cig-crash.jpg  
Old 08-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Ms PatriYacht]
Originally Posted by njgr8ful
I guess the driver and the owner were 2 diff people??? Owner was a local Ford dealership?

From WDIV:
A boat went airborne and crashed into Metro Beach Park early Friday, according to the Macomb County Sheriff's Department.
The driver of the 38-foot Cigarette boat and two others were leaving Jack's Waterfront Restaurant on Lake St. Clair when the driver said he saw another boat in front of him, Sheriff Mark Hackel said.
The driver then tried to steer around the boat, hit the shoreline and launched the vessel over a 3-foot railing and 100 feet into Metro Beach Park, Hackel said.
One passenger was ejected and is in critical condition. Another is in serious condition, and the driver suffered a broken leg, Local 4 reported.
The boat is owned by Paul Shamo, the owner of the Taylor Ford dealership. Shamo is also a volunteer for the Macomb County Sheriff's Department, the station reported.
Sheriff's deputies said that alcohol appeared to be a factor in the crash, but they would not say who was driving the boat until charges are filed.
The boat suffered deep gouges to its bow, but there was no other visible damage

They said it was a fishing boat that was anchored, could be true, could be a story but it does sound odd. Makes me sad since we have done that trip many time, eat at Jacks and then head to Metro to spend the night in the Marina, in fact that is what we plan on doing tonight. We try like hell to leave before dark.
Thanks a Ms P. ... a volunteer cop .. we don't count them in NJ
Old 08-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why go fast at night? And fast enough to jump a 3' railing. Doug
Old 08-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Registered

I really hate seeing reports like this, hopefully everyone involved recovers, as far as the person driving the boat, if he was that drunk, hopefully he spends some time behind bars. I have no sympathy for someone who would knowingly endanger anyone like that especially friends or family.

Taylor Ford for those locals that don't know is on Telegraph about five miles south of 94 at the corner of Goddard Rd., it use to be Ray Whitfield(sp) ford up until about 6 months ago.

Quick Reply: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.