Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ilmor 625 package Whats included? >

Ilmor 625 package Whats included?

Notices

Ilmor 625 package Whats included?

Old 08-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ilmor 625 package Whats included?

Read on the website the new 625 comes with billet pulleys, closed cooling oil and water intercooler, cmi e top headers, mounting parts, huber 1200 transmission and 1 year warranty. This looks pretty complete. I think this is a great fuel efficient, 800 lbs, 500+ hour marine engine. Thinking of putting a set in a new Nortech 39v. thinking of using the konrad drive or the imco extreme. What would be the difference in speed do you think? I know the imco is faster but the Konrad is more reliable. Can anyone think of a reason this would',nt be a solid package for this application. thanks for comments.Also has polished manifolds and color as options. that would be one cool looking motor with everything polished and neon green paint.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered

Default Re: Ilmor 625 package Whats included?

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Read on the website the new 625 comes with billet pulleys, closed cooling oil and water intercooler, cmi e top headers, mounting parts, huber 1200 transmission and 1 year warranty. This looks pretty complete. I think this is a great fuel efficient, 800 lbs, 500+ hour marine engine. Thinking of putting a set in a new Nortech 39v. thinking of using the konrad drive or the imco extreme. What would be the difference in speed do you think? I know the imco is faster but the Konrad is more reliable. Can anyone think of a reason this would',nt be a solid package for this application. thanks for comments.Also has polished manifolds and color as options. that would be one cool looking motor with everything polished and neon green paint.
I believe the Ilmor package with the Imco drives is a very reliable package, but I have heard a lot of good things about the Konrad drives as well. I talked with them at the Miami boat show and they have their act together as does Ilmor.
The 625 is a very nice package and since they can be painted any color, they come very nicely accessorized.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:15 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

has anybody put one in front of an xr? i figure they are putting supercharged 600's in front of them, why not a NA 625?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:39 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds like a great package to me... especially w/ the konrads.
Neon green??? isn't that TMPs color of choice?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a great package mated to the Konrad.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Sounds like a great package to me... especially w/ the konrads.
Neon green??? isn't that TMPs color of choice?
C'mon get it right It is TMP green, house of colors base and a 2nd green that they wont disclose cause it aids in the cooling factor of the block which will increase over all effeciency as well as produce additional hp. Had you going there for a second.

I like the Konrad, I like trannies, save the drives, No more Blue, No more Monopoly.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

It may be bad info but I have heard that they only sell the package with Teague Platinum Plus drives. I don't think you can order it with a standard XR.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:53 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they won't just sell you a motor?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:57 AM
DJR
Registered

The Imors do not come with the E-top headers as mentioned in the first post but in fact come with CMI Sport Tube Headers.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
they won't just sell you a motor?
I really don't know. But when I was looking into a complete set earlier in the year they said it had to be Teague drives because they didn't think the standard Merc XR's would hold up.

Quick Reply: Ilmor 625 package Whats included?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.