Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone with a connection at Merc.H.P.??? >

Anyone with a connection at Merc.H.P.???

Notices

Anyone with a connection at Merc.H.P.???

Old 08-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone with a connection at Merc.H.P.???

Originally Posted by Jassman
Chuck, have you worked with Nortech, especially since they push the big Blue monopoly, with the amount of stuff they buy, maybe Mercury will listen better. Good luck.
I did call Roy on Friday when I got told that Merc wanted the drive shipped to them. He called their Merc rep. and gave him my number, but being a Friday afternoon I probably won't hear from him till Monday a.m hopefully.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Why are you taking it so far is'nt there a mercury accredited mechanic near you. that should be a simple fix the way it sounds.Mercury has warranty people all over the country . They will come look at drive or give you a dealer who can repair it under warranty. If it was purchased new i'm sure Nortech would be happy to call them for you, CallMerc and ask them for your areas warranty person.Just a question but was there a reason you put a 5 on a new boat, just curious
I'm taking it so far because I know the shop, and he does the best he can so that I don't miss a weekend. the shops around here usually are 2 to 3 weeks booked up to even take a look. I put the 5's on because I didn't want bravos and the 6 seems like overkill on a 525 boat. Hindsight is 20/20
Old 08-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
I'm taking it so far because I know the shop, and he does the best he can so that I don't miss a weekend. the shops around here usually are 2 to 3 weeks booked up to even take a look. I put the 5's on because I didn't want bravos and the 6 seems like overkill on a 525 boat. Hindsight is 20/20
CHUCK, I think anything with a tranny is far superior than having a bravo on theses boats. I agree with you on the 6's for that power, Good luck on Monday. Jeff