Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone with a connection at Merc.H.P.??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110553-anyone-connection-merc-h-p.html)

Chuck 08-20-2005 07:35 AM

Anyone with a connection at Merc.H.P.???

I have a SSM V that has been leaking since I took delivery of the boat. The drive has been pressure tested several times and we can't seem to find the leak. Now Merc wants the drive back to see if they can figure it out. That is great, but I have already made four, three hundred mile round trips trying to get this drive repaired and we have a very short season here in upstate NY. I have two poker runs left for the season and one of them is next weekend. There is no way that Merc will have the drive back in time. Is it unreasonable to expect Merc to send to send me a new drive and let them worry about whatever is wrong with this one??? I'm tired of chasing this problem on a brand new drive1!!! :mad: So, does anyone know of someone at Merc that can help me get this resolved before next weekend?? I am being told that #5's are only built when ordered. Anyone know for sure? Does anyone know of a dealer with a new #5 in stock that maybe I can get Merc to send me?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Smitty 08-20-2005 09:55 AM

Re: Anyone with a connection at Merc.H.P.???

Call the customer service line and biotch like crazy. It works with car dealers so try it with them.

Comanche3Six 08-20-2005 10:17 AM

propshaft seal?

Chuck 08-20-2005 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
propshaft seal?

I'm not sure and neither is the shop who has been trying to figure it out.

GOODT 08-20-2005 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You said that they pressure tested it, did they also vacum test????

Chuck 08-20-2005 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by GOODT
You said that they pressure tested it, did they also vacum test????

I'm not sure, but I will find out Monday a.m. Thanks

GLH 08-20-2005 02:13 PM

I think they sould give you a pair of SSM 6's Dry sump. transome assembly, trannys and 1075's for what they made you endure...

Gotta start somewhere.. :D

Chuck 08-20-2005 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
I think they sould give you a pair of SSM 6's Dry sump. transome assembly, trannys and 1075's for what they made you endure...

Gotta start somewhere.. :D

I like your thinking GL.

Jassman 08-20-2005 04:54 PM

Chuck, have you worked with Nortech, especially since they push the big Blue monopoly, with the amount of stuff they buy, maybe Mercury will listen better. Good luck.

Buddy OO 08-20-2005 05:08 PM

Why are you taking it so far is'nt there a mercury accredited mechanic near you. that should be a simple fix the way it sounds.Mercury has warranty people all over the country . They will come look at drive or give you a dealer who can repair it under warranty. If it was purchased new i'm sure Nortech would be happy to call them for you, CallMerc and ask them for your areas warranty person.Just a question but was there a reason you put a 5 on a new boat, just curious