when is it to much????????????? >

when is it to much?????????????

Notices

when is it to much?????????????

Old 08-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default when is it to much?????????????

this weekend while beached i saw a 22 - 23' ? baja running high 70's maybe 80 ish. all the hillbilly drunks around us yelling that boat is bad. if you could have seen this thing chime walking you would have not believed it. what is the deal with big power in a boat that can't handle it. i'm not dogging on baja's here it's just one of the boats i saw this weekend with to much power.
todd
Old 08-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: when is it to much?????????????

too much power...........is there such a thing...
Old 08-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

hi traviss hope to see you at hot boat weekend. and yes there is to much power if you saw what i saw. i,ve got big power like you in my baron but it rides right and does not chime walk. but that hot rod has been in the barn for 5 years my wife hates that boat but i love it.
todd
Old 08-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

I wasn't planning on going to hotboat weekend. too busy for me in my little boat.

I don't think you can have to much power, Most of problem is control and setup with these boats people notice.

If you run big power and don't have no control or the wrong setup.. the boat is gonna be all over the place
Old 08-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

It must be the h2x i been hearing about that runs 100 mph,someone got mad when they told me i should race him and i said i try to stay away from accidents waiting to happen! Does the guy have any hydraulic steering? I too have big power in a baja BUT it doesn't chine walk and pulls straight and hard,when i get into the cross chop i keep the speed reasonable and i invested in full hydraulic to the helm imco steering,Smitty
Old 08-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Registered

hi artic: good to see you are running good.i i'm sure we will see you at hot boat weekend. the boat we saw i don't thing was going a 100 but maybe 80's it has at hardy dam. hydraulic steering is a must for thus speeds.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes and no to the "too much horsepower" The throttle goes both ways. When I was selling boats (Cig, Outerlimits, Skater, Formula, and more) People at boat shows would look at a boat and ask "how fast" and in some cases I'd say "120ish" and people would say why would you ever need to go that fast? Mostly you don't, it's just nice to know it's there. I all comes down to the right operator in the right conditions at the right time.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Registered

arctic.. got your PM about going to the river... didn't fell up for it today, was hungover a little and not in the mood.

Any nice boats up on the river... seen the black and red talon headed up that way ..was he out on the river.. 23-25 talon cat, whippled 502.. says 110 +. ?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You know how the stories go,things gain speed as the storys are told although dick/mr gagdets (who i would give some credibility to)has mentioned working on a outdrive on a 598 blown powered baja h2x that runs 100 although this may be based on what the owner told him. Either way,my boat has seen low 90's this year,seen high 80's tonight just before dark with a real heavy load. If another boat is way out of control i try to avoid being anywhere around them(other than watching from a safe distance)so in case they bite it i won't get dragged into their legal problems!
We will see you at hardy party for sure,even if my boats broke! My buddy Will that you gave the ride to is buying a 28 ft checkmate with a 525 sc this week so we'll both be there.
Traviss-where were you,we ran river today hoping to run acrossed you,met the guy from bay city w/yellow sunsation,Smitty
Old 08-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by traviss
arctic.. got your PM about going to the river... didn't fell up for it today, was hungover a little and not in the mood.

Any nice boats up on the river... seen the black and red talon headed up that way ..was he out on the river.. 23-25 talon cat, whippled 502.. says 110 +. ?
I met that guy last year in september,he was from flint area. I spoke to his buddys on the beach today,they had a couple of old 2 stroke hot rods,ran one of them before that . Seen 88.9 today with full tank of gas,wife and 2 big azz cusomers(300 lbs plus) in the boat,i figure if drive was going to break it should have today,Smitty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.