Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why bother with Helicopter at Poker Runs? >

Why bother with Helicopter at Poker Runs?

Notices

Why bother with Helicopter at Poker Runs?

Old 08-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Why bother with Helicopter at Poker Runs?

I have been to a number of Poker Runs and always there are helicopters taking video and or photos. Yet it is nearly impossible to buy, beg or steal pictures from whoever is taking shots. There never seems to be anyone giving cards or even fliers on where to order shots/ video. Seems like someone is missing the boat (pun intended) on selling photos. Some event oragnizers are helpful on who to contact, some do not seem to care. It just seems to me that spending the time and money for a helicopter they would at least try to capitalize on actually selling something.

I was just at a 1000' radar run with my O/B boat and they had a photographer in a fishing boat who took about 1000 action shots of the 45 boats that entered. He had samples printed within a hour of the event and guys were lined up with cash in hand ordering photos.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Why bother with Helicopter at Poker Runs?

We have someone in our area that does great work.

http://randynuzzo.home.comcast.net/

We also got an awesome DVD from the Jammin on the James Poker Run courtesy of the RPBA. Most of it was done from a helicopter.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

We had one this past weekend and the Helicopter was PART of your entrance fee. All you had to do is order a DVD that will have all the shots and video. It will be sent once completed at a cost of only $ 30.00.

This years copter guy was 20' above the water and the shots are amazing.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every poker run that I have been at offers you an opportunity to buy pictures, At SMOKE and the LEOPA the companies were set up at the dinner and breakfast with a computer and a few screens where you could view the photos and then place your order. Of course to me the photos are pretty pricy, like at LEOPA you had to buy these pretty large size photos and they were several hundred dollars. With our Chicago Club you get a season DVD and with SMOKE you get a DVD as well. Have you spoke to the promoter of the event you were at, perhaps you missed the area where they were selling the photos. Like you said I can't believe any one would send a hellicopter up without trying to recoup the costs, and make a profit
Old 08-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
We have someone in our area that does great work.

http://randynuzzo.home.comcast.net/

We also got an awesome DVD from the Jammin on the James Poker Run courtesy of the RPBA. Most of it was done from a helicopter.
would have to agree,
never hard to buy from him:
Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mwdill
would have to agree,
never hard to buy from him:
Guess not when your wife is in half the pics.lol
Old 08-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Guess not when your wife is in half the pics.lol
got a few while she was on yours! :
But you have been bad so you don't get to see them
Old 08-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our video and still photos are easy to get, there is even a huge screen in the banquet room during the party that flashs all the pics that were taken that day. The DVD, of Jammin on the James in Richmond VA. is included in the entrance fee. And I would have to say that the 2005 video is by far the best yet!!!!!! So if you are looking to get some air shots and great video sign up EARLY!!!! this year....
Old 08-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Registered

SCOPE has two choppers running and you get the pics and the NEGs when it's all said and done. Sometimes they don't get every boat, but they sure get most of the boats in the run.....chopper shots RULE!!

Attached Thumbnails Why bother with Helicopter at Poker Runs?-yeah.jpg  
Old 08-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I have been to a number of Poker Runs and always there are helicopters taking video and or photos. Yet it is nearly impossible to buy, beg or steal pictures from whoever is taking shots. There never seems to be anyone giving cards or even fliers on where to order shots/ video. Seems like someone is missing the boat (pun intended) on selling photos. Some event oragnizers are helpful on who to contact, some do not seem to care. It just seems to me that spending the time and money for a helicopter they would at least try to capitalize on actually selling something.

I was just at a 1000' radar run with my O/B boat and they had a photographer in a fishing boat who took about 1000 action shots of the 45 boats that entered. He had samples printed within a hour of the event and guys were lined up with cash in hand ordering photos.
Brad, Maybe your just to fast for the helicopters catch

Quick Reply: Why bother with Helicopter at Poker Runs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.