Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   mirrage 37? Who made this? Any info? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110741-mirrage-37-who-made-any-info.html)

Chris Sunkin 11-16-2005 06:25 AM

Re: mirrage 37? Who made this? Any info?

Originally Posted by Mirage 36
I was wondering whatever happened to bone crusher. Last time I've seen it around it was in PA. I like the no graphics look now.

The story I got was that he broke it and took it to national for repair. They took it on trade on another boat but never fixed it. Bank ended up with it. I "bought" it from the bank but it wasn't there when I went to get it. I was fortunate (was going to write smart but figured honesty would be better) to not have given them any dough.

I wondered if the one that popped up for sale was the same boat- it looks pretty nice. I can tell you this about the Mirage (from having 2 friends who own them) It's nothing more than a stubby Apache 41- I own one. Will go thru damn near anything. Takes alot of juice to get it moving though. I'm sorry I missed that one but glad it went to a good home. The previous owner gave it some pretty good dockside wear- lots of rubrail impacts with fixed objects. i despise sloppy boaters.

Mirage 36 11-16-2005 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The story I got was that he broke it and took it to national for repair. They took it on trade on another boat but never fixed it. Bank ended up with it. I "bought" it from the bank but it wasn't there when I went to get it. I was fortunate (was going to write smart but figured honesty would be better) to not have given them any dough.

I wondered if the one that popped up for sale was the same boat- it looks pretty nice. I can tell you this about the Mirage (from having 2 friends who own them) It's nothing more than a stubby Apache 41- I own one. Will go thru damn near anything. Takes alot of juice to get it moving though. I'm sorry I missed that one but glad it went to a good home. The previous owner gave it some pretty good dockside wear- lots of rubrail impacts with fixed objects. i despise sloppy boaters.

I hear ya. Mine was beat to crap when I bought it too. I probably paid too much from a guy that I now know was a rip-off artist but the hull was sound and it is built very well so I wrote the check and have had no regrets doing it.
Too bad about the Bone crusher, for 12K I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

abolfaz: With the 36 with 400 cyclone's what kind of speed did they typicaly get?

abolfaz 11-16-2005 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mirage 36
abolfaz: With the 36 with 400 cyclone's what kind of speed did they typicaly get?

I have to go through the books tomorrow and I'll let you know.

PG-13 11-17-2005 11:34 AM

The boat you are looking to buy belonged to the government. That is all I can say.

Mirage 36 11-19-2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by abolfaz
I have to go through the books tomorrow and I'll let you know.

No need to go to all that trouble, I was just curious at what approx speeds they ran.
Did you get my email?
Thanks again for all of the info, good to see your still building boats.

Another pic i found, think it's a 1990
http://www.saltfish.net/mirage/pictu...own_mirage.jpg

timewarp 11-19-2005 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by abolfaz
You are correct, but we are talking about he Mirage built in Miami.

Just trying to help in case you didn't know what it was.
Sorry to disturb you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Caleb