Lake Cumberland Run - 9/10

Notices

Lake Cumberland Run - 9/10

Old 08-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Cumberland Run - 9/10

Can anyone supply some info about the Lake Cumberland Poker Run on Sept 10th?

Where?
When?
Closest Airport?
Distance from Airport?
Place to stay in the area?
When is it over?

Thanks, I hope to see you there.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Registered

Default Re: Lake Cumberland Run - 9/10

http://www.midamericanboating.com
Old 08-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ron. The LC Poker run is awesome. It usually starts out of State Dock/Jamestown Marina. There is a small Airport in Somerset, KY. which is a town next to the Lake. Might have a tough time finding a place to stay this late but with your connections who knows. They have houseboats on State dock available for pokerrunners, Jamestown has a motel. (Both are probably booked) There are several motels around the area. I'm sure someone on the board will be able to hook you up. I'll be down there with a bunch of the Cincy boys, I'd offer you to stay with me but I doubt you would want to spoon in the cuddy of the Apache.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

http://www.griderhilldock.com/
Old 08-23-2005, 08:22 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Question: how far from Chicago and is it worth the ride???? Thinking about making the trip. Also am I too late to get a room??? or anyplace to stay????
Old 08-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Bob,
The drive down would be about 7-8 hrs. I am about 3 hrs South of you and 4.5 hrs North of there. The run would be well worth your drive. I am not sure about the room thing. You might have a tough time with that but who knows.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Registered

Bob on the same weekend there is a fall poker run on Lake Erie and Lake Saint Claire, much closer, and the best part is we will be there Actually we have never been to the poker run, but Lake Cumberland is a great lake. Have a good tow vehicle because if memory serves me correct there were a bunch of hills.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Registered

Ron, when does the article on the Chicago Poker Run come out. It was nice having you on board for the second half , remember I have a shirt for you, just send me your address
Old 08-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Registered

Bob if you decide to make it down there chime in we are thinking of going down have already talked to1 of the orginzers from mid american boating assoc.(they host the event)i was suppose to make it to LOTO for shootout but my motor just got a fresh hi-pow rebuild and orderd new exhaust from an advertiser here and they shipped 2 port maniflds instead of 1 of each so they are air shipping me correct 1, don't have time to break in motor by this weekend so ozarks is out! she'll be screamn by the poker run pushing 80 in my baby sunsation, i am bringing wife and my 2 boys its there first poker run , we also need a place to sleep. I was on my buddys 38 formula for the windy city run a few weeks back it was perfect day for boating !

Last edited by trimman; 08-24-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:41 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Ron P, go to the midamericanboating site and at the bottom of the registration form are some phone numbers. Call Roger and ask if he has any rooms left. He usually books a ton of them.
Bob Z this is one run you will not forget. Been there 3 times out of the last 4 years and had a blast. We stayed on the boat last year at the state dock and had a hard time sleeping because of the partying. Slips were free and you can rent a houseboat. Betty doesn't like it because it's to wild so I might be going down by myself with the boat just to watch or wind up in Michigan for the Hot Boat deal on I think it's called Hardy Lake. Talk to me at the Labor Day run about it.

Quick Reply: Lake Cumberland Run - 9/10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.