Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New England Boaters Poker Run? >

New England Boaters Poker Run?

Notices

New England Boaters Poker Run?

Old 08-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: New England Boaters Poker Run?

Originally Posted by boomer
Hey gotime I saw you boat down there. Your boat is what I am looking for, unfortunaltey the boat I am going to look at tonight a (260SS formula) is what the family is looking for.

PS did you take the boat to AC a couple of weeks ago I remembering seeing your post.

PS what's the deal on that formula 357 he has sitting.
Its a great boat, but I understand. The boat for sale is named "long gone" and the one that we own and are keeping is called "go time". Go time is the boat we took to Wildwood, NJ two weeks ago. It was a great time, definately worth bringing the boat. We were going to make a run up to Atlantic City in it but never got the time. We are probably going to be running long gone this weekend before we sell it.
That Formula has been sitting there since we took our boat there 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, the boat sank for some reason and the interior needs to be re-done, but I'm not positive. That is a heavy boat, more like our scarab. It looks ok from the outside, but they just pulled the cover off for the first time in 4 years (at least), so I'm sure it needs a little work.
Be careful with Seaboard, I'm not sure about there boat sales but as far as them working on your boat, you'd be better off putting a match to it. I could go on allllll day but I won't. Good luck finding a boat.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:05 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBODaytona
I think there is a big rafting or beaching party going on this weekend at the entrance to gloster (sp). North side of the river that runs around the island. Not sure if that helps as I am not from there but will be boating there this weekend with girlfriends family. Big group of go fast boaters beach -or raft up together.....

Your thinking about Wingaersheek Beach on the Annisquam River, north side of Cape Anne. Always a lot of traffic - lot of rafting and beached boats. I put a call into a friend that practically lives there on week-ends with his offshore buddies - he'll know if something organized. If you go there is a public bathroom on the beach and no problem with consumption of drinks in public. Also lot of rafting at Cranes Beach, Ipswich just around the corner.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

It seems like it still the same old story trying to find a trust worthy and knowledge guy to work on your boat.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boomer
It seems like it still the same old story trying to find a trust worthy and knowledge guy to work on your boat.
Well we used to have them work on our boat and boated 20 hours in 2 summers...engines came out and went back in 5, yes 5 times. We do all our own work now and had JC Perf fix our engine problem...things go much smoother when you know what is going on and someone isn't half-assing your boat.

How was the formula you looked at? Any Luck?
If your family changes their mind we'll let that Excaliber go super cheap, can't be a 4 boat owner.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got it, had to mapquest to know where i was, they beach on the North end of the river. We are coming from Newburyport, and we head south. My girlfriend's father boats with a bunch of guys, and they are taking us out on saturday for our birthdays.
Funny have to go to New England to boat when I live in Florida. Would love to take my boat but it is a 24 hour drive, rather fly. So if the weather is nice we will be some of those rafters. If anyone is out look for 3-4 formulas (27, 29, 38) and a big fountain.......

Thanks for helping me figure it out.

Originally Posted by CMG
Your thinking about Wingaersheek Beach on the Annisquam River, north side of Cape Anne. Always a lot of traffic - lot of rafting and beached boats. I put a call into a friend that practically lives there on week-ends with his offshore buddies - he'll know if something organized. If you go there is a public bathroom on the beach and no problem with consumption of drinks in public. Also lot of rafting at Cranes Beach, Ipswich just around the corner.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:09 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBODaytona
You got it, had to mapquest to know where i was, they beach on the North end of the river. We are coming from Newburyport, and we head south. My girlfriend's father boats with a bunch of guys, and they are taking us out on saturday for our birthdays.
Funny have to go to New England to boat when I live in Florida. Would love to take my boat but it is a 24 hour drive, rather fly. So if the weather is nice we will be some of those rafters. If anyone is out look for 3-4 formulas (27, 29, 38) and a big fountain.......
Thanks for helping me figure it out.
Small world, Is Fountain be owned by a Brian, the Formula 38 owned by a Gordon, 27 by Cortney and so on??
Gordon's a lurker on OSO, spoke to him yesterday and I'll add my 311 to the mix. I'll post the GPS position tonite if helps anyone. (I'll probably be the guy sleeping one off at the Newburyport town pier Sat am after the Sox game) btw - My avatar is from Wingaersheek Beach.

GPS 42"39 070"41
Attached Thumbnails New England Boaters Poker Run?-beach1.jpg  

Last edited by CMG; 08-25-2005 at 07:52 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 08-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CMG
Small world, Is Fountain be owned by a Brian, the Formula 38 owned by a Gordon, 27 by Cortney and so on??
Gordon's a lurker on OSO, spoke to him yesterday and I'll add my 311 to the mix. I'll post the GPS position tonite if helps anyone. (I'll probably be the guy sleeping one off at the Newburyport town pier Sat am after the Sox game) btw - My avatar is from Wingaersheek Beach.

GPS 42"39 070"41
Small world for sure. I'll be in Bob's 29 Formula. See you tomorrow, have fun at the game
Old 08-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JBOUTLAW25
Sat Sep 10th. $125 entry fee or "high rollers" entry of $500.
Registration at Harbor Park 7-9pm Fri the 9th or register before 11 Sat at the Pavilion.
JBOUTLAW, Are you going to this run? Where can I get more info on it. And what is the difference between the $125 entry fee and the high rollers entry fee?? I should have my broken drive back by friday so I think I will make the run.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

I would call or stop by the pavilion and they should be able to help you. It usually starts at the pavilion across to Claudio's and then one other stop (I forget) then back to the pavilion.

The formula was nice just not to fast, We went out by the Thames River nice area.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

It goes to montauk as well.