Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tipping Boat Transporter?????? >

Tipping Boat Transporter??????

Notices

Tipping Boat Transporter??????

Old 08-25-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tipping Boat Transporter??????

Dean Ferry offered me dinner and the couch But I had to boogie, it was Christmas after all!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wish I could get that rate. I had to pay $2300 for a 900-mile round trip. (It was actually two one-ways.) I tipped the first guy $50, and he was very gracious about it. Return trip had delays, so - no tip.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Banned

Its like going to dinner, if the service is good than tip if it is just ok than don't tip.

As far as a rate goes with todays fuel prices and insurance costs to leagally transport your boat you have to pay between $1.75 and $2.00 per mile one way or the transporter is not making a living. We as boaters afford our toys by making a decent profit on what we do for a living. The boat transporter is entitled to the same thing. The above costs are based on towing with a one ton truck. If you move into a full size class 8 semi than the truck needs to make close to $3.00 per mile. Again it can be done cheaper but you get what you pay for
Old 08-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I paid about 2G's to have my boat delivered from NY. They were late picking up, late delivering, and caused my seller a good bit of grief waiting around on a Sunday.

No tip.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Registered

Boat got here OK an the guy evan stopped at the truck stop and washed off all of the bugs and road grim from the trip. He drove 225 miles to get the boat and then another 700 to my home non stop with a Dodge 1 ton duelly. He took great care and was very particular. The price was $840 to the company he works for. I'm sure he doesn't get all of that. I tipped him $50. and he didn't want to take it. Told him to get a good meat. He had all the licences, insurance coverage and transporter plates.

I think I got a deal!!
Old 08-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Registered

Stopping to wash off the bugs and road grime was particularly nice. Definitely worth the tip.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by G Man
Boat got here OK an the guy evan stopped at the truck stop and washed off all of the bugs and road grim from the trip. He drove 225 miles to get the boat and then another 700 to my home non stop with a Dodge 1 ton duelly. He took great care and was very particular. The price was $840 to the company he works for. I'm sure he doesn't get all of that. I tipped him $50. and he didn't want to take it. Told him to get a good meat. He had all the licences, insurance coverage and transporter plates.

I think I got a deal!!
Could you by chance share what co. did such a great job for you, thanks Jeff
Old 08-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered

Sure can, Interstate Haulers.com which is owned by Dotan Transports, LLC Phnoe number is 910-295-2244 talk to Jamie or Trish. The driver was Kevin Schmolze I found them doing my research on the internet about transport companies to haul my boat. Highly reccomend. Price quoted was the price I paid. No extra B.S.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered

Feel free to drop my name. Greg DiPerna
Old 08-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just a thought ... what if your the hauler and pick up a boat and a trailer ...and then you have flats and/or bearing problems ....it could really get screwed up .. I guess you need to make sure everything is good to go when you pick it up ....
G Man .. was there any conversation about this before he picked the boat up ???? m

Quick Reply: Tipping Boat Transporter??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.