Old 08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

My Boats: Fast Cats
Default Re: Big Thanks for Everyone who attended LOTO Shootout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
i think that about says it all.....
Thanks Sean but I would like to clarify my post. I have no doubt that Dave and John can shatter 200 mph in a sanctioned kilo. They just haven't done so at this point but I am very confident that they will. I have the utmost repect for both of them (as well as their entire team) and only wish them well. I don't think everyone reading these posts realize how fast two hundred miles per hour on water really is. It is extremely dangerous with everything (including life itself) on the line and yet these guys did it five times at the Shootout. Pretty amazing feat and my hat is off to them.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

My Boats: Fast Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Dave,
That's right, I forgot about your and JT's Kilo run in the 36 a couple of years ago, my apologies! Also I'm glad to hear you and JT are ok after your mishap in Orange Beach a couple of weeks ago. I saw the 46 on I-10 coming back to Miami, while I was on my way to Ft. Walton Beach, it looked ok from the outside.
I guess I was just thinking about the Callan Team doing all their 200+mph runs on just about a weekly basis this summer, while testing here in Fl.
I do think it's a GREAT achievement, the speeds you and JT are running in a piston powered boat.
As far as the AB products JC and DC were having @ your place Sunday night, I guess when in Rome, do as the Romans do! I used to drink AB products, UNTIL they started having Ludicros, (sp?) and some of these other gangster rappers promote their products. I was tough switch over to ML, but I made it!
Anyway, no slight intended on my part concerning your boating successes and achievements.
Take care,
Dean
No problem Dean and thanks for the comments!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

My Boats: http://www.facebook.com/#!/matt.conroy.90

I can tell you this sitting there watching the Callan boat go by you get chills, every time he goes by you just think he is definatly going over 200mph you are saying to yourself yeah he had to be going 210 or 215 and they say 201mph you can't believe it? Seeing it in person go past is a sight that I have to say not to many people on this site get to witness is something you have got to experience. Next year we should hopefully have two of these great competetitors doing this you will have to come watch it is unreal!! If you want to see also what textbook run looks like also then you need to watch Dave and JT in the Bacardi boat smooth as glass every run! This was my first shootout and I enjoyed every minute! Thanks for the great show!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:07 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat
Thanks Sean but I would like to clarify my post. I have no doubt that Dave and John can shatter 200 mph in a sanctioned kilo. They just haven't done so at this point but I am very confident that they will. I have the utmost repect for both of them (as well as their entire team) and only wish them well. I don't think everyone reading these posts realize how fast two hundred miles per hour on water really is. It is extremely dangerous with everything (including life itself) on the line and yet these guys did it five times at the Shootout. Pretty amazing feat and my hat is off to them.
after crawling around the new one at the factory last week, i can't wait for next years shootout...
Old 08-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 42 MTI Supercat - Merc 1200SCI's

Dave great job at LOTO, you guys as always were a class act!, look forward to seeing your new boat!
Old 08-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Registered

My Boats: Powerquest Enticer

Dave, I enjoyed meeting you last Thursday night at Dog Days. Thanks for sending the Bud girls our way, that was one helluva good time! I was with the 10 guys over near the microphone, that was by far one of the highlights of the trip!

-Wally
Old 08-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 Callan 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat
Excuse me but I believe the only offshore boat that has officially averaged over 200 mph in any sanctioned kilo event is black and silver and the owner would never be caught with a Miller product in his hand! And BTW, Dave Callan is a very good friend of mine and when he and John Coster were with me late Sunday evening after the Shootout they were both drinking Budweiser products. So who might you be referring to in your quote above?
Dave,

Many thanks for your hospitality Sunday (and early Monday)...it left an indelible memory. The Shootout is as big of a success as it is because of people like you. For the record, even in Rome I drink AB products! I look forward to seeing you and your crew soon.

dc
Old 08-30-2005, 09:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: Ocean Express Cat 39

This was one of the best years for the shootout. Burned through $1200 in gas considering Saturday was at party cove all day. I saw so many great people from Oklahoma, NIOC, LOTO regulars, Chicago Powerboat Club and many of the who's who. Did not spend much time with Jim Darr because he was MIA on Sunday morning.

It was great to see Bob Teague. He is the good looking one.

Mark Smith
Attached Thumbnails
Big Thanks for Everyone who attended LOTO Shootout-chicago-poker-run-shootout-2005-063-large-.jpg  
Old 08-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 24 Pantera

I was talking to Dave Callan at the awards and he was drinking a Bud Lite
PS the aluminum bottles are great.
PPS We may have a new toy for LOTO next year 1/2 the weight and more HP
Old 08-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned

Bacardi Silver awesome, Dave as usual you were spectacular, only mich ultra in my hands. Mark had to wait for the keys for my boat, The girls we had with us Dancing at Last Dance, had them in their car, my fault but it was worth it believe me. I was there from 7-5 saturday and 11-6 sunday, give me a call if I can put you in a new boat.Wiggler