Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A Big Thanks!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111197-big-thanks.html)

jayhawk261 08-29-2005 08:28 AM

A Big Thanks!!!!!

Just a big thank you to Gordo and Griff who took my wife and myself out for a few runs down LOTO this weekend. We appreciate the help and were gald to get a little more info concerning our upcoming boat purchase.

Both Griff & Gordo were great friendly people and we were glad to have met you in person. By the way, Gordo can DRIVE! We were in his 25AT in the slop just after the shootout broke up and the water was nasty. My wife never felt nervous with Gordo behind the wheel. Great job!

It was also good to meet some others from the board. We met scarrab30, his son fine509 & friend mike (sorry mike I can't remember your screen name :D ). We met fountain333 and spent some time talking about his 24 Pantera.

All in all, we had a great time and found everyone we've met from the board to be good people. Next year, we'll have our own boat and will join in on the Big Dick's run!

See ya then!

scarrab30 08-29-2005 09:07 PM

Re: A Big Thanks!!!!!

Randy, It was very nice meeting you and your wife. next year maybe ill have a phone i can use a little more freely. I tried to call your room sun. afternoon to see if yall wanted to go down to the 21. our boat won its class with a 89. Keep in touch. Brian

Gordo 08-29-2005 09:09 PM

Randy,
It was our pleasure. Glad to meet you both as well, and I'm glad I didn't scare the wife too much. I have to admit, that was some seriously ugly water there for a bit. I'm sure you enjoyed the ride on Griffs' Pantera. They are a great couple and that's a sweet boat as well.
Hope you guys had a good time at the Shootout. Let me know what boats end up on your short list, what you liked and what you didn't like. Good luck with the Shopping!
Mike and Lisa

sommerfliesby 08-30-2005 04:22 PM

Hey Randy, this is the Mike in question! I guarantee you wife would've been scared in scarrab30's boat as well. Personally, the ride in the back after the Shootout was one of the top boating moments of my life...80+ in some serious slop in a 30 footer....I was happy, deaf, but happy! Great meeting you guys, good luck with the purchase, and if you ever find yourself up this way with or without the boat, hit us up. Oh yeah...better call me or Fine509, ol Brian will never get a cell phone! :drink:

jayhawk261 08-30-2005 04:48 PM

Mike, I had a close idea what it was, but just couldn't remember for sure. I still have younger Brian's number and will hang on to it. I've never been to Chi-Town, but I know we'd like to go some time. If we head that way, I'll give a call. Good to hear you guys won the class. You guys need to make a CD of that thing idling and send it to me. I could replace most of my music with that! :D

Gordo, you infected me with a little Active Thunder fever. After riding in the slop they moved up to the top of the list with the Panteras. We are trying to find a time to run down to FL to look at/drive fountain333's Pantera 24. I can't remember how well you said you thought it would do in the nasty stuff. I've put my eye on the left over 2005 28 Savage that American Performance Marine has in the classifieds. Maybe if it sits until spring, I can get them down to my price range. I guess we'll see!