Bad News getting Worse for New Orleans

Notices

Bad News getting Worse for New Orleans

Old 08-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Bad News getting Worse for New Orleans

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
Not to cause a riff, but I would much rather be in the USA when a crisis like this occurs than anywhere else. The people will be cared for. That much is for certain.

My prayers are with all in the Gulf

Sam
I am with you on that one! I have alot of family that went through andrew in Homested , It was a terible situation
but we are a VERY blessed country to have what we have and the support , & hospitality that people give ( time & finances ) and have the ability to give in these horrible situations.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Very unfortunate

Hopefully, someday our "idiots" that we have in power will figure out that we should stop sending money to the world when it has a crisis and help our own people in this country first
MY THOUGHTS ALSO. WE AS A COUNTRY GIVE MONEY AND DON'T ASK FOR ANYTHING IN RETURN. WHEN SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS HERE, IT IS A LOAN.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Wonder which foreign coountry will send aid first??? Yeah right
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2005, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Cig, that is exactly what I've been preaching for months! When Pensacola, Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte had there problems with hurricanes last year, instead of the USA helping out our own we sent millions of money out of our country. I know people in south west Florida to this day that still have not received the care and relief they deserve...RIGHT HERE IN OUR OWN DANG COUNTRY!

Now let's see all the movie stars, rock stars, rap stars and sports stars step up and help this country, help out southern Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama! STOP SENDING MONEY OUT OF THIS COUNTRY and HELP YOUR OWN PEOPLE! KEEP AMERICA STRONG!

I sell musical instruments to many stores in this area and many business are gone. I was in tears today feeling helpless with one of my customers knowing I can't help him right now and that his house and 5 of his 8 stores are gone!

I ask EVERYONE this last question. Do you see other country's sending aid and mony to the USA when disaster stikes us?
I couldn't have said it better. This country needs to wake up and start doing something about it now!! We could seriously help our own if we stop sending Billions of $$$ to the rest of the world when there is a crisis. Let's face it, the world doesn't give a sh*t about us. Saving all that money could help us with our borders, help get rid of alot of illegal aliens, help hurricane victems, etc......

We should have started with Kuwait. We should have gotten FREE oil for years for liberating them, but no, our leaders are too friggin stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'm as American as they come, but this country needs to friggin wake up fast!!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
this country needs to friggin wake up fast!!
Bingo!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

People won't send us money because they think we all drive Lamborghinis and live in mansions. Most of the worlds perception of USA is what Hollywood and the media feeds them. The never show the poor outskirts of New Orleans. Nobody there can afford flood insurance, many people can't even afford a car muchless the gas to leave town but we will take care of them, each of us who works hard and pays lots of taxes will help them in one way or another. I don't mind. I already have more than a lot of people will ever have. I always want more for myself but I feel bad for people in a tough situation. People at my wifes office tookup a collection when my house was flooded last year and even though we didn't need it, it was much appriciated. On another note, don't worry about the oil companies rigs floating around in the gulf right now either, we'll all , wether we like it or not, going to help the oil companies foot the bill for this one so they can continue to have record profits.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:47 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We still live in the greatest country on Earth guys. Go to a third world country and see the effects of a Hurricane that is this magnitude. Instead of 50 or so casuaties there would be thousands dead. I know most of you are just venting.

Of course we don't receive aid from other countries, especially countries around Indonesia. They can't support themselves!!! I don't believe this country expects to be reinmbursed for their humanitarian efforts. When a Blessed Nation is able to give support when it is needed, it is the RIGHT thing to do.

It is similar to many of you who help someone you don't even know. You are not expecting anything in return. I have seen so many instances on this forum where people band together for the good of someone who is down it is truly inspirational. No strings attached. It is the AMERICAN way. There are so many on this board that go so far above and beyond it is amazing.

I truly believe this Nation has prospered because of an unselfish mentality. We give with a humble, uncompromising attitude. Of course we will be bashed by some of the same people we have extended our aid. No harm, no foul. Of course gratitude is nice, but we did this out of our own free will.

In retrospect, this is not meant to bash anyone. I see validity in all the posts. Just my opinion regarding the turn this thread has taken.

I still wish all those in the Gulf speedy recovery.

Prayers to all
Sam
Old 08-30-2005, 06:50 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
We still live in the greatest country on Earth guys. Go to a third world country and see the effects of a Hurricane that is this magnitude. Instead of 50 or so casuaties there would be thousands dead. I know most of you are just venting.

Of course we don't receive aid from other countries, especially countries around Indonesia. They can't support themselves!!! I don't believe this country expects to be reinmbursed for their humanitarian efforts. When a Blessed Nation is able to give support when it is needed, it is the RIGHT thing to do.

It is similar to many of you who help someone you don't even know. You are not expecting anything in return. I have seen so many instances on this forum where people band together for the good of someone who is down it is truly inspirational. No strings attached. It is the AMERICAN way. There are so many on this board that go so far above and beyond it is amazing.

I truly believe this Nation has prospered because of an unselfish mentality. We give with a humble, uncompromising attitude. Of course we will be bashed by some of the same people we have extended our aid. No harm, no foul. Of course gratitude is nice, but we did this out of our own free will.

In retrospect, this is not meant to bash anyone. I see validity in all the posts. Just my opinion regarding the turn this thread has taken.

I still wish all those in the Gulf speedy recovery.

Prayers to all
Sam
couldn't have said it any better...
Old 08-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

I think they just said they are starting to shoot the looters. Three shot so far. I don't know if it was in self defense or not, I just caught the tail end of the report.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered

Good, I hope it was target practice. Looting is the lowest form nof human behavior in my opinion. Makes my stomach sick to know people take advange of a situations as grave as this like that.

Quick Reply: Bad News getting Worse for New Orleans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.