Housing for OSO Members, Victims of Katrina >

Housing for OSO Members, Victims of Katrina

Notices

Housing for OSO Members, Victims of Katrina

Old 08-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Housing for OSO Members, Victims of Katrina

We've tried to keep up with all the members and where they are but no place seems to be the comprehensive place.

So until something is better we have created a spreadsheet at www.talkoffshore.com.

We need some of you to fill us in on names, locations and status of the very members that we care so much about.

AC
Old 09-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

temp,3 bed room house in Epping Nh(furnished) if someone needs it and 1 spare room as well. Im A service manager for a marine dealer If your mech. I can set someone up with some fall winterizeing work.. Bob
603-944-8165

Last edited by blownincome; 09-03-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

We have current and past SBI staff members who we haven't been able to contact or hear from yet.
I don't know how to let them know that we're very concerned and that I have a downstairs apt. here in Marathon that they are welcome to use.
We have heard from John Wischler (one of our truck drivers) but he still does not know where his 15 yr. old daughter is.
We are waiting to hear from Charlie Roberts and Dewayne Hutchison, our other drivers, and Mike Lee and they are all from the New Orleans/so.western Miss. area.
Just an f.y.i. to keep them on your list and in your prayers.
Pat D.

Last edited by Pat D; 09-01-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Registered

Two bedrooms in our house near Annapolis, Maryland available to OSO family mebers impacted by the storm. We have a big yard if you need to store your RV or powerboat.

There are thousands of people that evacuted before the storm hit, living in shelters and hotels across the south. Problem is getting word out to those people about the help that is available. Very frustrating.

Chuck
Old 09-01-2005, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Ohio sucks but I do have an extra room as long as you dont mind 4 dogs and a 15 year old daughter who likes loud music.

I was just watchin some of the coverage on the weather channel. Unreal. I just can imagine.
Someone can have my home (4 bedrooms) in Northern Michigan. RG3 I'll need that room if someone takes me up on my offer. And I need loud music, I'm hard of hearing. My co. is putting together a semi full of supplies for our customers and there families in Southern Mississippi and I will be taking it down on Monday I hope the roads are open, It's the bridges that I worry about when you weigh 80,000 lbs
Old 09-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
My co. is putting together a semi full of supplies for our customers and there families in Southern Mississippi and I will be taking it down on Monday I hope the roads are open, It's the bridges that I worry about when you weigh 80,000 lbs

Very cool JB. Wish I could get off work. Id go with ya and help ....
Old 09-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a room in my home in Bradenton , Fl . I have two dogs so we really can't handle more pets for long. Please email me if I can help [email protected]
Old 09-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the fund info I received. I will check tomorrow to see if they take electronic or debit card payments. I was told that Michael Dupy keeps track of who gives what amount. I'm not sure how it would work with electroinic payments. I will update this tomorrow.

Checks are to be made payable to :
OSO FAMILY RELIEF FUND

SEND TO:
Wachovia Bank
50 SW 84 Ave
Plantation, FL 33324
Att. Michael Dupy

When you send a payment Please email me at [email protected] with your name and amount of the check. If you don't want your name or amount posted on OSO please be sure to let me know so I can post as Anonymous.
Lets see we we can do for our friendS in need.

First 2 checks in our fund

Lubejobs42 (myself) $1000
Stan Riskin (My attorney) $500
Old 09-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hugetime1
what is sad is the people that need to be reading this can't. to bad this was not posted before the storm.

I offered to a bunch of of them before .We knew it was coming on Sunday morn.

I knew Open72 ended up seeing I was in the path and he desided to go to TX. He has a new infant baby girl and didn't want to take any chances . I figure he will be coming back thru here on the way back .I still cant get in touch with him . We don't have much cell phone use here.

RacerX6 chose to ride it out . I kinda don't blame him he has a boat biz there . I heard they have had some looting in Pickyune.They were lucky.

I tried OSO member Mark at Precision Marine and cant get in touch with Him

Sean at Afternmarket Marine ended up in Al.

We have PLENTY of room for anybody here in Jackson. We have power now and the house is in good shape . Even if your are passing thru you are welcome.

Rob

Cell 601-259-RACE if you cant get thru . The text mesg has been working better.My home phone is still not working and my business still has no power . Hopefully we will have power soon.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Mindi

We have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house available in Fort Lauderdale. Walking distance to elementary school, pool, garage. We will work with anyone who needs to relocate. I can furnish it also, with anything needed. We also have many contacts to help someone find employment. email or call me, Mindi, 954-410-3803.

Quick Reply: Housing for OSO Members, Victims of Katrina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.