Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trust Fund For OSO Hurricane Victims (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/111440-trust-fund-oso-hurricane-victims.html)

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 01:19 PM

Trust Fund For OSO Hurricane Victims

I spoke to my attourny, he has contacted wachovia bank and is having a Trust fund set up where we can donate money to go directly to OSO family members that need out help. My Attourny said he will handle everything no charge and there will be no bank fees. This way 100% of the funds raised can go directly to our OSO family members that need it. I know we all know and trust Fred from Trick, he is going to be handling details. I was thinking there should be 2 other people voted in to help in the decision making as to how the money is distributed. I was hoping you guys can decide on who makes the decisions. The only other thing we need now is a name for the account. Please give any suggestions and feedback. Thank you for your help.

Here is the fund info I received. I will check tomorrow to see if they take electronic or debit card payments. I was told that Michael Dupy keeps track of who gives what amount. I'm not sure how it would work with electroinic payments. I will update this tomorrow.

Checks are to be made payable to :
OSO FAMILY RELIEF FUND

SEND TO:
Wachovia Bank
50 SW 84 Ave
Plantation, FL 33324
Att. Michael Dupy

When you send a payment Please email me at [email protected] with your name and amount of the check. If you don't want your name or amount posted on OSO please be sure to let me know so I can post as Anonymous.
Lets see we we can do for our friendS in need.

First 2 checks in our fund

Lubejobs42 (myself) $1000
Stan Riskin (My attorney) $500

Semper Fi 08-31-2005 01:26 PM

Re: Trust Fund For OSO Huricane Victims

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink:
Gino,
Please post this on my post..........that way we don't have too many posts on the same thing

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=111399

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 01:47 PM

Done. I need a name for the fund. I was thinking something along the lines of "OSO family relief fund" . Any Suggestions??

Semper Fi 08-31-2005 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Done. I need a name for the fund. I was thinking something along the lines of "OSO family relief fund" . Any Suggestions??

That sounds good to me :D

REBEL4845 08-31-2005 01:52 PM

How do I donate and who do I contact. I can do a credit card, check or paypal. I dont know how to wire funds. Thanks

LubeJobs42 08-31-2005 02:49 PM

Thank you! All details will be posted tomorrow. Please decide on which 3 to 5 members you want to handle all the decisions. I was thinking Fred from Trick could be the main contact. Face it, he's not doing anything anyway!

custom29scarab 08-31-2005 02:57 PM

I nominate Cuda as a decision maker. He seems to have good moral judgement.

Plus he might have an extra 43k he doesn't know what to do with :rolleyes:

I will help contribute with what meager funds that are available to me.

DoTheMath 08-31-2005 03:03 PM

We also should have at least one woman on the board, to offer up a sensitive - objective - female perspective side us guys might miss? ;) This is a great effort, btw!!

SpeedGirl? Anyone... :)

AugiePensa 08-31-2005 03:16 PM

Gino, consider me in. I'm sure most of The Jersey Boyz will step up to help. OSO Family Relief Fund sounds great!

Phantom1 08-31-2005 03:16 PM

Put me down for $250, and tell me where to send it.