H2X vs Outlaw

Old 09-07-2005, 08:58 PM
DJF
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H2X vs Outlaw

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Outlaw....no question
The dead rise is the angle of the V. The higher the number the better the boat will cut through the water. Im guessing but I think the Outlaw has a 24* hull and the H2X is a 22*. The H2X has a flater hull which will make it slap the top of the water where the Outlaw will cut into it.

Let the group know where and what kind of boating you want to do and you'll get some better feedback.
Good luck and welcome to the board
I have a 2005 Donzi Classic 16 with a 4.3 MPI. Virtually all of my boating is inland on Lake Hartwell, SC or close to home on Lake Lanier , GA. Above 40 mph the 16 dances over the chop and is a real trip. Below 40 she porpises like a drunk on a trampoline. The 16 classic is a boat you have to drive and not one to relax at cruise. Basically a two person boat. At 40+ you will get some air in a heart beat on a modest swell so I am not comfortable letting someone that doesn't really know how to drive a performance boat behind the wheel. I have not been thrilled with Donzi factory support on a few minor warranty issues. My requirements are a 24 / 25 foot single engine performance V with a cutty that will do 60+ WOT but still cruise on plane in the mid 20's and carry 4 or 5 folks in comfort. My price range is 35K +/-. It also needs to fit in a 16' X 30' garage bay. I'd love to find a nice Donzi 24 / 26ZX but they a few and far between in my target price range. The Baja H2X seems to be plentiful on the used market and priced well, although I like the 25 Outlaw better. I will consider any quality mfg that meets my criteria. Also it has to be fresh water only and never been in salt water. The 2005 Donzi Classic 16 is on the block for $22,900 with 10hrs on the clock with the matching Load Master aluminum trailer. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Dave
djf@djf. com

Last edited by DJF; 09-08-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:47 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At least take a look at the Checkmates... I have been in one for 15yrs now..
Old 09-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

I have to put a plug in for Powerquest. I just happen to have a 260 for sale in the classifieds.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

DJF, I had a 16 Classic. Saying the boat was a trip to drive is an understatement. I had a couple of friends that refused to ride in it with me. As for the porpoising, I put a wing on the outdrive and that pretty much took care of it and helped the hole shot alot.

I moved up to a Baja after that too. Good starter go-fast. I would go with the Outlaw if you don't find something else.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an 18' Sutphen, very similar to Donzi classic, that also runs best at speed. Just my theory here, but when you're going fast the bow gets lifted and the rougher water hits only the deep V at the stern. With less wetted surface at speed, and greater velocity, each wave has less impact on your hull; which smooths out the ride.
To tame the cruising speed ride, I added some trim tabs (Bennet dual rams are cheap, but frowned on at this site). Now I can run at 15 mph on plane, and with the bow down, simply knock down any waves for a very smooth ride. Amazing difference!! Hope this helps. For my money I'd buy that killer 26' Sutphen with twin outboards in the Classifieds...Or the safer bet is to get an Outlaw. H2X is not an OSO boat.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:27 AM
Registered

I've owned both,,in succession, the H2X was about two mph faster in smooth water, cabin access sux, no freeboard, sitdown seats.,,,great day boat/lake boat...The Outlaw was the slower boat with the same power IN SMOOTH WATER, 2ft chop the outlaw won hands down, cabin access was easier/cabin was more functional, more freeboard(drier ride & more secure feeling) manual bolsters...both boats were 98s with similar hrs and both had 310hp 454s with bravo 1 drives...seats/hatch on the H2X were rotocast(plastic), the Outlaw hatch, rear seats were wood based..(had to replace some rotted wood when I got it.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Registered

I had an H2X last year, stepped up to a 25 Outlaw this year. No comparison. Much safer also...
Old 09-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had both also. Outlaw all the way for me, much bigger boat than the H2x.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Slick02
I've owned both,,in succession, the H2X was about two mph faster in smooth water, cabin access sux, no freeboard, sitdown seats.,,,great day boat/lake boat...The Outlaw was the slower boat with the same power IN SMOOTH WATER, 2ft chop the outlaw won hands down, cabin access was easier/cabin was more functional, more freeboard(drier ride & more secure feeling) manual bolsters...both boats were 98s with similar hrs and both had 310hp 454s with bravo 1 drives...seats/hatch on the H2X were rotocast(plastic), the Outlaw hatch, rear seats were wood based..(had to replace some rotted wood when I got it.
What was the Outlaws' top speed with the 310hp with a resonable load of people + fuel?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:42 AM
Registered

Both boats were 98 models, the Outlaw was a 24se, and ran 62.4 mph flat out with 2 people and a little over half a tank of fuel the H2X ran just a tic over 65.

Quick Reply: H2X vs Outlaw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.