Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Our Own T2x in Powerboat Mag!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112215-our-own-t2x-powerboat-mag.html)

Philip 09-12-2005 01:52 PM

Our Own T2x in Powerboat Mag!!

:D :D I hear That T2x (Rich) was interviewed in Power-Boat Mag. Did anyone read it? can someone scan and post the interview? I don't subscribe to the Mag. anymore. I can bet T2x was his charming self! Anyone

Philip

Sean H 09-12-2005 04:10 PM

Re: Our Own T2x in Powerboat Mag!!

i am surprised he didn't work in "buy a skater" in the interview somewhere... :D :D :D

Top Banana 09-12-2005 04:18 PM

Well done Rich......thoughtful comments!

McGary911 09-12-2005 04:32 PM

What issue? Sept 2005 is on my desk right now......

birdog 09-12-2005 05:22 PM

I dont think it was him.....That guy didnt go off on a tangent about V-hulls with steps or say anything about Skater...
Our T2X woulnt be able to help himself !!! :evilb:

Great article !!

Magic Medicine 09-12-2005 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Saw it.

Read it.

Enjoyed it. :)

Ditto, very good points very enjoyable article.

Sean H 09-12-2005 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by McGary911
What issue? Sept 2005 is on my desk right now......

oct/nov issue.....

T2x 09-12-2005 06:15 PM

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts.

And special thanks to Matt Trulio....... for a fair and balanced piece......

He made me seem almost reasonable....and that aint easy. :p

T2x

PhantomChaos 09-12-2005 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Philip
........can someone scan and post the interview? I don't subscribe to the Mag. anymore.
Philip

Maybe buy it at the store? Or....read it at the store so you don't have to buy it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Hauling Trash 09-12-2005 06:23 PM

Nice Job Rich

Mike

JCPERF 09-12-2005 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts.

And special thanks to Matt Trulio....... for a fair and balanced piece......

He made me seem almost reasonable....and that aint easy. :p

T2x

Rich,now that i know your identity on OSO from the PBM piece,I am the long haired guy who used to run in Fever with Joe and Joe in the early 90s.Tell Darren whatsup. :D :D

Anarchy Powerboats 09-12-2005 06:31 PM

Yeah your cover is totally blown now :D

bojoe2 09-12-2005 06:32 PM

Rich good job
Joe

Reed Jensen 09-12-2005 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Maybe buy it at the store? Or....read it at the store so you don't have to buy it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

That's some smart thinking Norty!.... I get tired of seeing my buddy "Bullet Head" on the cover. I refuse to buy the mag any more... I just read a few articles at the newstand.... tee hee............ :D

BROWNIE 09-13-2005 07:27 AM

Couldn't have been Rich.... He didn't accuse me of boffing his girlfriend, cousin, neighbor, etc....

T2x 09-13-2005 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Couldn't have been Rich.... He didn't accuse me of boffing his girlfriend, cousin, neighbor, etc....

I knew I forgot something.............. :D

T2x

C_Spray 09-13-2005 09:27 AM

Maybe. But you DID remember to use the word "obsolete" at one point.... :drink:

R Addiction 09-13-2005 09:36 AM

Good Article......OK Magazine :rolleyes:

GLH 09-13-2005 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by T2x
I knew I forgot something...

I hope you did not forget to wear your Oklahoma National Guard uniform and the medals you won defending Oklahoma from Texas during the interview...

I also hope you did not wear your aluminum foil hat and 1960's TV rabbit ears on your head, that would of obviously revealed too much of your brilliance.

:D

Shane 09-13-2005 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Rich,now that i know your identity on OSO from the PBM piece,I am the long haired guy who used to run in Fever with Joe and Joe in the early 90s.Tell Darren whatsup. :D :D

JC,

You ran in that 28 Manta? That thing was SICK! FAST as hell in ANY WATER! :cool:

JCPERF 09-13-2005 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Shane
JC,

You ran in that 28 Manta? That thing was SICK! FAST as hell in ANY WATER! :cool:

Built the engines in it from 1994 to present.I raced in the boat from 1992 to 97 and Armed and Dangerous too.The 2 best sounding race boats to date.

Shane 09-13-2005 07:40 PM

WOW! You guys ran the livin' snot out of that thing! That boat ran like no other vee bottom foot for foot! Absolutely incredible! I ran next to you many a day runnin in the old Pro-Stock Class! Small world isn't it? :cool:

Shane 09-13-2005 07:41 PM

Is it being raced now? Or is it a pleasure boat? What name/colors?

JCPERF 09-13-2005 07:41 PM

WOW! You guys ran the livin' snot out of that thing! That boat ran like no other vee bottom foot for foot! Absolutely incredible! I ran next to you many a day runnin in the old Pro-Stock Class! Small world isn't it? :cool:

What boat in pro stock class?pennzoil,Blackduck?

JCPERF 09-13-2005 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Is it being raced now? Or is it a pleasure boat? What name/colors?

The boat is down by Fountain in NC preserved :cool: the one with the black cover

Shane 09-13-2005 07:44 PM

What boat in pro stock class?pennzoil,Blackduck?

PENNZOIL

Shane 09-13-2005 07:44 PM

The boat is down by Fountain in NC preserved :cool: the one with the black cover

Who owns it?

JCPERF 09-13-2005 07:46 PM

Who owns it?

Sgro owns it.Joe Latona originally bought it.He wants to poker run the boat this coming year.You raced with Nicky?

T2x 09-14-2005 07:11 AM

I always felt that Fever was the best raceboat...all classes...in Offshore History. It had a very long career in multiple classes...and ran incredibly well in the roughest conditions.

It should be restored and taken to Antique Raceboat regattas...as the best that Offshore has to offer.

T2x

Shane 09-14-2005 08:07 AM

...You raced with Nicky?

Yup, I like to describe racing with Nicky the same way George Orwell began "A Tale of Cities".... :rolleyes:

Shane 09-14-2005 08:08 AM

I also raced Offshore B in INFERNO and UNLEASHED. Bruce Kreimier was by far the BEST and MOST PROFESSIONAL person I have ever run a boat with. I would run any boat, anytime with Bruce, and would gladly have him run with me! :cool:

JCPERF 09-14-2005 09:19 AM

I also raced Offshore B in INFERNO and UNLEASHED. Bruce Kreimier was by far the BEST and MOST PROFESSIONAL person I have ever run a boat with. I would run any boat, anytime with Bruce, and would gladly have him run with me! :cool:

I feel the same way about Joe and Joe.Felt totally comfortable with them in the boat and we raced in 8 footers alot. :eek: :cool:

Sean 09-14-2005 11:29 AM

Built the engines in it from 1994 to present.I raced in the boat from 1992 to 97 and Armed and Dangerous too.The 2 best sounding race boats to date.

Those Y-pipes in Armed and Dangersous certainly gave it it's unique sound...it was awesome.

That boat certainly did run well...but not for long :) From the stories I heard, the boys used to cockail it the night before a race, beat the balls off it and by the time the first or second lap came, it was broke...not to mention it had more airtime than dick clark on american band stand :)

I also remember watching a tape of that boat absolutely smoking by everyone at the start...and then everyone turned...at the turn bouy...everyone except Uncle Al...although I don't think he was in the boat then...he went straight :) he was quite a character...said what was on his mind. I forget his son's name...what's he up to these days?

RIP Al

JCPERF 09-14-2005 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sean
Those Y-pipes in Armed and Dangersous certainly gave it it's unique sound...it was awesome.

That boat certainly did run well...but not for long :) From the stories I heard, the boys used to cockail it the night before a race, beat the balls off it and by the time the first or second lap came, it was broke...not to mention it had more airtime than dick clark on american band stand :)

I also remember watching a tape of that boat absolutely smoking by everyone at the start...and then everyone turned...at the turn bouy...everyone except Uncle Al...although I don't think he was in the boat then...he went straight :) he was quite a character...said what was on his mind. I forget his son's name...what's he up to these days?

RIP Al

Uncle Al had some wild times :drink: :drink: