Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Party KEY WEST -Lets Plan (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112317-oso-party-key-west-lets-plan.html)

Racegirl3 09-13-2005 05:17 PM

OSO Party KEY WEST -Lets Plan

Ok - Lets get this ball goin. What do we need? Place to host about 450-500 people, LOTS of alcohol and the servers to pour it .... anything else you guys want? Ill second whoever made the motion to write your own name tags.

I know what bars I liked but I dont know what the girls ran into last year tryin to find a place. Girlies? whatcha think?

:bunny:

wananewboat 09-13-2005 05:43 PM

Re: OSO Party KEY WEST -Lets Plan

Do any members live in KW that could help you out? It would be great if we could be down by the water. I think the Conch Republic closed for the Florida Powerboat Party, I wonder if Schooners or that Frog place would do the same thing.

wananewboat 09-13-2005 05:45 PM

Oh ya I'm not a girlie!!! :drink:

Ms PatriYacht 09-13-2005 05:55 PM

Sit tight negotiations are taking place :drink: and you will all be the first to know :D

Racegirl3 09-13-2005 05:57 PM

:cool:

birdog 09-13-2005 06:01 PM

I'll go wherever I'm told............. :D

Ms PatriYacht 09-13-2005 06:14 PM

Most places by the water charge big bucks. Since the party is usually on Friday night when the boats are on Duval Street it is good to have a location near there.

Live and learn; we thought we would be lucky to get about 250 people instead we had almost double that! I am with ya RG lots of bartenders and write you own name tags. We thought we would get a few donations for the Hurricane raffle, instead we got enough items to fill a truck and stuff kept being brought in even after the party started. A nice problem to have but dealing with all that stuff was overwhelming.

This is the conversation I had when looking for a place last year. "We want to have a party at your bar, do you have room for about 400, can you set aside an area for us. No we will not be paying anything in advance, no we can not give you a guarantee, but trust me they will all come and drink big. Oh & we all know each other through an an internet web site :D Remember last years party had no cover charge, free munchies, music, and give aways. the FBC party is paid for by the poker run fees.

Racegirl3 09-13-2005 06:20 PM

I would think it will be a bit easier this year since you can say, we had about 450 show up last year. I would think that would make the bar owner a bit more comfortable to know theres a "history" here :D

JCPERF 09-13-2005 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will get the despicibles together for this one :drink: :drink:

Ms PatriYacht 09-13-2005 06:31 PM

make sure you bring the plunger so we recognize you all :D