Notices

26 Scarab?

Old 09-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 26 Scarab?

customtouch ... very nice looking Scarab.
Sweet 26'rs.

My '96 looks just like yours except for the graphics on the hull. The pic I posted is from last year and I have since changed the graphics, but other than that all I have done is changed oil and drive lube regularly and she just runs and runs and runs.

I'll downsize some of the pics I have and post them later tonight.
SAR
Old 09-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Registered

pic's of my '96 scarab

Ist pic is my Scarab in the foreground, the Searay is my son's.
2nd pic is on Grand Lake.
Attached Thumbnails 26 Scarab?-image-13c.jpg   26 Scarab?-96-scarab-1.jpg  
Old 09-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Satisfaction, That is exactly what mine looked like when I bought it. The vinyl graphics on the Scarabs was one of the best things for my buisness! The dealers would order the boats in and I could just peel off the graphics and paint it for them. I know alot of people didn't like the vinyl but it was great for me!!! No extra stripping, just peel, sand, and paint! Do you go to Grand Lake alot? There are several boats I have painted there. I was just there for the Grand Slam Poker Run. That is a great lake and a great poker run!!!! I know alot of people on Grand. Can't wait to go back but it is a long haul for me from Austin!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Registered

Customtouch did you disassemble the windshield to tint it? Always wished it had a windscreen but the tint looks tough.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Registered

tjscarb, No, I did not have to dissasemble the windsheid, I had a tint shop do it with limo tint. I tried to get one of the aluminum windscreens from Welcraft but they just laughed at me. At first they denied that there even was one until I showed them a picture of the very first one produced. It had one on it but evidently I wasn't suppose to have the picture!! It did look cool but they said they didn't put them on because of how much they weighed and it cost them 3 to 5 grand to build them. After that the tint looked ALOT better.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Registered

customtouch - yeah I get to Grand Lake a lot, I practically live there year round 4-5 days a week. I have a house right by Hammerhead's shop. I work from home via cell phone and internet, take a drive to KC usually on Tuesday/Wednesday.

The Grand Slam was a cool one but I couldn't make it in the run. Got out late and watched the Radar run then the storm came and so I took my small azz boat to the dock just in time.

Whose boats did you paint on Grand? There are a lot of nice go-fast boats there. If you ever get back up to Grand let me know.
SAR
Old 09-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

customtouch --- did you paint Card SharK? He was in the poker run and I think he made a radar pass? He also had the fella who painted Card Shark with him. Would that be you?
SAR
Old 09-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Registered

Satisfaction, Yes I did paint Card Shark and I was in it at Gramd Slam! I actually have some pictures of it in the photo gallery here on OSO in the custom paint thread. I also painted Cost Plus a 42' Fountain and CircumScism a 42' MTI. There also was a 32 Skater there called Junkman that I painted. They were the one's that did the crazy 120 plus run in 2 to 3 footers. LOTS of air!!!! There were two or three other smaller boats there with my paint but these four stood out the most. We made our radar run and when we went through the traps we just kepted on going to try and beat the rain!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Registered

customtouch - I was one the people who help yall put Card Shark in the slip at Hammerhead marina during the rain storm. I was working with Gertie on the port side. Awesome boats Card Shark and Junkman.

Your work is excellent. Hope you can get back to Grand sometime.
SAR
Old 09-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Registered

Thanks for the compliment and Thanks again for helping us get the boat in that tiny azz slip!! That was one hellova storm!!! I don't think we even got a scratch on it! AMAZING!

Quick Reply: 26 Scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.