Notices

26 Scarab?

Old 09-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 26 Scarab?

I really liked that Vee bottomed Nortech, it was a Nortech wasn't it? I was telling my girlfriend about the Card Shark and your crew later that day. She was impressed with the boat as well. She loves to go flying in the lil' Scarab and she is starting to learn how to drive it.
SAR
Old 09-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it was a 43' Nortech with 1100 hp Teague's. Like I said there are some pictures of it in the custom paint section of the photo gallery on pages 1 and 2 if you want to show her. There are a couple of others there I did too.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Registered

BTW Chris, SORRY!! Didn't mean to highjack your thread!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered

customtouch -- I checked your gallery out last night. Card Shark is awesome.

Chris, are you going to buy that Scarab. Do you have any pics of it?? I'd like to see some of them. And I'm sorry for hi-jacking your thread as well.

SAr
Old 09-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Registered

Satisfaction, I know you said you changed your graphics so it may not be any use to you but I still have the side air intake decal from mine, still in the box. I ordered mine without it so they boxed it up and sent it with the boat. It nas never been opened and is exactly like the one on yours. I don't know what kind of shape yours is in but if you think you need this one let me know.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Registered

roger-that on the F1!..I raced with Ben Walker in Sarasota this year..crazy little boat...very fast though..

Originally Posted by customtouch
You are probably thinking of the F1 Larry Smith 26 Scarab. They only made five of those and they are completly dfferent! Very narrow with a single step. They were very fast but a handfull to drive! I rode in one and it was not a warm cozy feeling at 80 plus!! The welcraft 26 was in prodution from 96 to 98 I think, and they made quite a few but I don't know how many.
Attached Thumbnails 26 Scarab?-p43-sarasota.jpg  

Last edited by BODYSHOT1; 09-22-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Registered

Chris,
I agree that the 26 CV can be a great boat. I spent a lot of time in my brothers. I built a 454 blower motor for it. Custom touch is right on about the way they handle. My brothers boat was very comfortable running mid 80's. However, I would caution you to check the hull very carefully. Wellcraft had problems with the hulls de-laminating. It happened to my brothers, and Wellcraft stepped up the pump and warrantied it! They put a new hull under it. My brother talked extensively with Donny Wadock while the boat was at wellcraft and they mad several changes to beef-up the hull for more power. Unfortuneatly we could never get the boat to handle the way it used to. After trying everything under the sun to get back what we once had, he finally gave up and traded it. I know he still misses the way that boat once was. Just be carefull.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Registered

I have a friend in Houston that runs a fiberglass repair shop and he had to re-do 2 of the CV26's because of delamination on the bottom. I have never heard of any of the other Scarabs having any problems though. I forgot all about that untill wrenchman brought it up!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Registered

I was curious what kind of top speed most of you were getting out of the 96-98 26 ft scarab and what modifications you had done
Old 09-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris
1996 or 1997
I owned a 1998 26 Wellcraft Scarab. This model of the 26 Scarab is not built with stringers and is not a very well built boat in my opinion. This model of the 26 Scarab ran from 1995 till 1998. I had a lot of stress cracks on the swim platform and on the hull side above the rubrail next to the passanger and driver. Also have stress cracks in the corners of the strakes and hull running legth wise with the strakes. I kept getting these fixed and they kept coming back due to the amount of flex in this boat. Wellcraft finally discountinued this model of 26 Scarab after all the warranty problems I was told from the head of the Scarab sales dept. Then I really screwed up and went and raced this boat in a local class APBA race and then 2 E Class races. The boat about fell apart!
Another local 26 Scarab owner (1997) had the same problems as I had. He used to post on here back around 2000-2002. We had our boat in the same high and dry marina, bought from the same dealer and so forth. Our boats spent a lot of time in Clearwater FL at VanWagoners boats getting authorized Wellcraft hull repairs.

Last edited by FeverMike; 09-18-2006 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 26 Scarab?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.