Notices

Havasu highway crash

Old 09-19-2005, 11:59 AM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Havasu highway crash

Just got this in an E-news article. An old man tried to make a U-Turn and the truck behind hit him. The old man was ejected into the street. Along came a truck pulling a boat which swerved to miss the man in the road and hit his truck instead.

The article says there were no injuries!! Amazing!

SR95 Closure
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – SR 95 in Lake Havasu City was closed from approximately noon until 3pm on Saturday due to a three-car collision. According to Sgt. Stacey Huff of the Lake Havasu City police Department accident investigation team the accident occurred when a Ford Ranger driven by 67 yr old Leonard Dodd allegedly attempted to make a u-turn from a North bound lane and was struck by a full size pick up truck. Dodd was ejected from the vehicle and the ranger was hit a second time by a full size truck towing a boat attempting to avoid the man lying in the road. The boat was ejected from its trailer upon impact. Dodd was transported to Lake Havasu Regional Medical Center and is reportedly uninjured from the accident. This accident is still under investigation.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Registered

Default Re: Havasu highway crash

yikes!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Havasu highway crash

Note to self: "Do not make illegal U-turns on divided highway." Why is it, that it seems like the old farts are always doing this & killing people? This recently happened to a good friend of mine on a motorcycle. Yes, he is dead now, because an old man did the same thing to him. I don't fuk'n get it??? Anyway...glad nobody was hurt. Ed

Last edited by Ed; 09-19-2005 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:25 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Ed
Note to self: "Do not make illegal U-turns on divided highway." Why is it, that it seems like the old farts are always doing this & killing people? This recently happened to a good friend of mine on a motorcycle. Yes, he is dead now, because an old man did the same thing to him. I don't get fuk'n it??? Anyway...glad nobody was hurt. Ed
===========================

I happen to be an OLD FART (as you put it- a senior citizen) and have not had a citation in 50 years including the 40 that I was trailering a 17 and then a 25 footer behind me most of the time. .AND... I did all of that on the famous California highways..

Sooo... my friend do NOT GENERALIZE

Thanks for your after thought anyway...

marc
Old 09-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gdfatha
===========================

I happen to be an OLD FART (as you put it- a senior citizen) and have not had a citation in 50 years including the 40 that I was trailering a 17 and then a 25 footer behind me most of the time. .AND... I did all of that on the famous California highways..

Sooo... my friend do NOT GENERALIZE

Thanks for your after thought anyway...

marc
Ditto, I agree very much so. I'm old, got dinero and more than likely a better driver than most all young farts.
SAR
Old 09-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

You know, Marc...You might have a point there...? It does'nt matter how old, or what gender you are...But if you want to take it personally, your welcome to. Ed
Old 09-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i would have run em down 1 i don't turn hard while towing period. would have beena much worse day for the old dude if i was driving that rig.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must have been a step hull..............
Old 09-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratman
i would have run em down 1 i don't turn hard while towing period. would have beena much worse day for the old dude if i was driving that rig.

yep.................................
Old 09-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Registered

At least no one blamed the accident on one of them there cigarette boats.

Quick Reply: Havasu highway crash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.