Notices

Hurricane Rita

Old 09-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Rita

Glad yawl made it ok.Galveston dodged the bullet. not seeing much damage on the news like Katrina did I guess it didn't have much of a storm surge , Thats good.. Hopefully the oil refinery's didn't get hit to bad . Looks like Port Arthur and Lake Charles got the worst of it. We even been getting some pretty good wind here.We have some down trees again

Good Luck Guys

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:47 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got power back on, there are a lot of trees down around here. I lost 3 big oaks, but otherwise we are in good shape.

I am leaving early in the morning to try and get generators and gas to my employees in the Orange/Beaumont area. They just now got thru by cell and tell me that 1 lost his house another lost all trees on his acreage. Havn't been able to contact the others yet.

There is gas available as far as 1-10 and hwy 146 going east. We will be staying off the freeways as much as possible.

Has anyone heard from Jim (bglz42) ?
Old 09-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are ok Wobble.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:57 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Glad you are ok Wobble.
Thanks,

Couldn't get far. Orange and surrounding area is locked down. Fortunately my employee is a Mason and a Shriner. It was incredible the strings he was able to pull.

His son was able to get out and meet us for the supplies I was able to pull together+ cash.

Hopefully things will get better for them shortly as there was no flooding.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Mark! We made it just fine, after 15 hours on the road to Palestine with seven dogs! We came back Saturday morning, drove through some rough weather! While in Palestine, I bought a 75 gallon diesel tank for my truck and a badazz electric pump. So I'm set for diesel!

Our place faired well, we never even lost power! Lost an A/C compressor, and some trees.

Mark, I'm glad to hear you came out OK. Sorry to hear about your employees in the Golden Triangle. (That's where all my folks are from, I'm checking on them now...) Let me know if you need anything.

Jim & Janet
Old 09-27-2005, 07:54 AM

we made it alright too. Just a bunch of wind and rain.. One more day of rain and we would have flooded...
Old 09-27-2005, 10:04 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bglz42
Thanks Mark! We made it just fine, after 15 hours on the road to Palestine with seven dogs! We came back Saturday morning, drove through some rough weather! While in Palestine, I bought a 75 gallon diesel tank for my truck and a badazz electric pump. So I'm set for diesel!

Our place faired well, we never even lost power! Lost an A/C compressor, and some trees.

Mark, I'm glad to hear you came out OK. Sorry to hear about your employees in the Golden Triangle. (That's where all my folks are from, I'm checking on them now...) Let me know if you need anything.

Jim & Janet
Pleased to hear you are Ok, I was worried about you being in the path of the storm up there. Likewise, if I can help please call my cell.

I saw that diesel was readily available even when all the gas was gone. I ordered a 2006 gmc 2500hd duramax yesterday. I am also going to get a 2-300 gallon diesael tank for my property and a 25kw PTO generator for my tractor.

My neighbor had one on his tractor and was able to run the whole house including a/c on about a gallon of diesel an hour.

There were a lot of lessons to be learned from this storm, and I plan to be better prepared should it happen again. My gas generators worked eveything except the a/c. But with this scorching heat it was pretty uncomfortable.

Those poor people in East Texas and SW Louisiana are going to be hurting for a while.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Popeyes
JB.
When I grow up I wanna be just like you. You are the man!
Hey, I was glad to be able to help, It was great to see all the people making donations that filled the trailers, I'm so proud to be a American and see people pulling together in times like these.
If any of you ever get up here to Northern Michigan let me know, I would love to take you out and show you our Great Lakes. JB
Old 09-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Registered

I have seen some from a boat at 120+ , beautiful, The water was even blue at St. Clair looking through my canopy upside down. I would like to opt to take your offer instead.