Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats my boat worth?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/112888-whats-my-boat-worth.html)

kmiller 09-21-2005 07:55 PM

Whats my boat worth??

3 Attachment(s)
Well after two years of working the bugs out I am thinking of selling my boat..... Great timing! Well its a 1990 Scarab Cv with a built small block chevy. Has K-planes, external hydraulic steering, gill-offshore manifolds with dry tail pipes, gill slip-on mufflers, engine has less then 10 hours and world heads, performer rpm intake, sea demon 650 carb, flat-top pistons, crane gold rockers etc..... I have not gotten the chance to set the boat up for better speed but as it sits it will do 52mph on gps. New cockpit cover sunbrela, new transom "wood core", dash was painted white. I will att a few photos let me know what a good start would be....... Thanks Kyle

kmiller 09-21-2005 07:59 PM

Re: Whats my boat worth??

3 Attachment(s)
More photos also new throttle/shifter and cables, trim indicator

ratman 09-21-2005 08:20 PM

instead of inverting the engine to chane oil, just remove the bolt in the bottom of the oil pan. just a thought...it looks like a lot of work to do it your way.

Steve_H 09-21-2005 08:30 PM

i have no idea what its worth but it sure looks clean and well cared for!

kmiller 09-21-2005 08:31 PM

I should checked first. I thought it was a lot of work! HA! HA!

NJgr8ful 09-21-2005 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:evilb: :D (kinda makes ya dizzy!)

26' right? @15K

epeek 09-21-2005 09:03 PM

I dont know exactly,but as a comparison a 90 checkmate 25
Convinsor with a big block brings around 15K.

kmiller 09-21-2005 09:08 PM

At what point is it better to invest in a new boat and stop sinking money in the one you own? Speed, paint, etc?? I am alredy over invested

dykstra 09-21-2005 09:22 PM

looks very clean! :D

satisfactionII 09-22-2005 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by kmiller
At what point is it better to invest in a new boat and stop sinking money in the one you own? Speed, paint, etc?? I am alredy over invested

As soon as possible :D or as soon as the back pocket will allow. :drink:

My thoughts are to stop when 1) you have got it in good clean cosmetic shape show it shows real nice, 2) not over customized and 3) maybe only a low cost minor fix up thing to do. Y
You want the prospective buyer to get excited at the possibilities of buying the boat and being able to make it his own with very little effort.

Just my .02