Hurricane Katrina by Bulldog

Notices

Hurricane Katrina by Bulldog

Old 09-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane Katrina by Bulldog

I am glad to see so many check in.

I work for NASA at the Stennis engine test facility- we do rocket (Shuttle, experimental, military) engines. The site is about 15 miles north of ground zero in Mississippi, and occupies an area about 10 X 14 miles (huge). The Navy Seabees are working with FEMA and running supplies, work crews etc. to the coast from our facility in the biggest FEMA operation ever. I have been working to get our operations back 100% and helping the Navy get temporary facilities running.

I went through 2 bad hurricanes as a kid and took no chances with this one. I live on high ground north of the lake, but it is hard to predict where all of the several hundred tornadoes will hit... one wiped out many large pines behind my house. Oh yeah, we are OK.

Bay St. Louis and waveland got hit HARD. There is a raised railway which helped serve as a buffer, but everything between there and the gulf was essentially wiped away. Several co-workers houses are completely destroyed- no sign of them. even the concrete slabs have washed away in some instances.

A neighbor of Jassman works with me- she and her family swam to another house then got rescued by boat. One coworker talked to a man that floated for miles on a section of roof- praying.

A friend just told me about staying in New Orleans East. The 10 feet of water, alligators, etc was not nearly as scary as the mayhem that followed. Gangs of thieves ran rampant- they broke into a police station and posed as police to carjack victims. They used forklifts to raid drugstores, etc. 6 were eliminated by SWAT that were trying to rob rescuers of their boats! Another coworker rode to Michoud Assembly Facility (shuttle tank assembly) on a military chopper and was informed that another chopper was delivering fire (shooting back).

A lady on the radio said she was stopped in traffic when a man approached her with a gun. Just as she figured her luck had run out, the perp's head exploded - probably thanks to the 2nd amendment and a gun toting citizen. She hauled ass and never found out what happened. I dont blame her.

3 looters were caught in a neighborhood about 3 miles from here. The neighbors that caught them beat the crap out of them, duct taped them together and delivered them to their new residence. ( I suggest next time they maintain 20-25 MPH while ejecting them).

I have about 500 rounds of green tip AP that came from IRAQ last year. Didn't have to use it- yet.

Ronnie aka Bulldog

Last edited by Bulldog; 09-22-2005 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hurricane Katrina by Bulldog

Im naive what is green tip AP ?

Getting ready for rita, even as we speak.

About to find out how well the hurricaine proof glass works on my beach house in galveston. I should have taken before pictures so I could give some after ones.

Curtis
Old 09-22-2005, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post Ronnie
Old 09-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yahoo
Im naive what is green tip AP ?

Getting ready for rita, even as we speak.

About to find out how well the hurricaine proof glass works on my beach house in galveston. I should have taken before pictures so I could give some after ones.

Curtis
Armor piercing rounds
Old 09-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

armor piercing

Glad your ok Ronnie. You work real close to Racerx6[Eric].

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.