Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   History on my Magnum 27 sport? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113048-history-my-magnum-27-sport.html)

24degrees 09-24-2005 07:45 PM

History on my Magnum 27 sport?

3 Attachment(s)
I posted a question about my engines but a reply about the history of my boat got me thinking.......maybe I should post again......

Anyway.....I recently bought this 1974 Magnum 27 sport. I know they are fairly rare and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this particular boat?

I bought it from a guy in Huntington Beach, Ca named Robert Swain. He owned it for about 2 years and bought it from Northern California Yacht Sales in Stockton, Ca. It was previously owned by a gentleman named Jim Drace from Stockton, Ca.

This is all I know. I have Jim Drace's address and phone number but I am afraid to call....I don't like to bother people.

It's been re-powered with 1989 Mercruiser 320 EFIs and Bravo 1 drives. It has Latham power steering and K-planes.

The original gel coat looks to be white/off white but it has been re-painted very light grey.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know this boat?

Thanks,
Aaron

ratman 09-24-2005 09:34 PM

Re: History on my Magnum 27 sport?

looks super clean! what did you pay for it? does it have bravos? how fast at wfo? sweet ride there bro, ratman

24degrees 09-24-2005 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
looks super clean! what did you pay for it? does it have bravos? how fast at wfo? sweet ride there bro, ratman

It's got Bravo 1s.......I've seen 66 mph on GPS with 3 fat guys and half a tank......I think it's got more in it if I work on props a little more.

I paid 30K....

Cord 09-24-2005 10:28 PM

Call him. I would personally love to talk to anybody that owns one of my past boats.

Magicfloat 09-24-2005 10:45 PM

Definetly a keeper. Don't worry about the motors at this point,you can always change out the efi systems if necessary,enjoy it now.

24degrees 09-24-2005 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Magicfloat
Definetly a keeper. Don't worry about the motors at this point,you can always change out the efi systems if necessary,enjoy it now.

Thanks man......Cudas got me all stressed out about blowin' these things up......:(

They run perfectly.

Aaron

ratman 09-25-2005 06:19 AM

small block last a long time and are cheap to rebuild into 383's, run the snot out of em and have fun. ratman

McGary911 09-25-2005 09:25 AM

you own one of the prettiest boats ever made. Eugene Nemehew (SP?) lives in san fran, and probably has the nicest 27s in the country. He posts here under a name like Magnum27 or 27Magnum....something like that. He knows a lot about these boats. He hangs on www.donzi.net as well....u may find him there.....as for your boat....Run it and smile :)

onesickpantera 09-25-2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Cord
Call him. I would personally love to talk to anybody that owns one of my past boats.

I agree I would call him. This stuff is in our blood and we can talk for hours about boats! I'm sure he wouldn't mind and would probably be excited to talk about the boat.

And that is a beautiful boat!

NJgr8ful 09-25-2005 03:22 PM

BOTHER HIM! 24* :D :D ((you won't be)) Put me on that looooong list of people who want a call when you sell :) and I want to know what number on the list I am too ;)

Heard (in other thread) you're running in Lake Winni :( wish it was in NJ ... :drink: