Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Place to boat in FLA. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113054-best-place-boat-fla.html)

TwistedTight 09-24-2005 09:47 PM

Best Place to boat in FLA.

What are some great places boat in Fla. ?

JCPERF 09-24-2005 09:53 PM

Re: Best Place to boat in FLA.

Originally Posted by TwistedTight
What are some great places boat in Fla. ?

Pretty much everywhere. :D Like the south Miami area and the Keys :cool:

cuda 09-24-2005 10:00 PM

Tampa Bay area, hands down.

mbowers 09-24-2005 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Tampa Bay area, hands down.

Cuda
"Your the Man" I love it here. Hope your B-Day went well.

Johno 09-24-2005 10:21 PM

Tampabay & south, some of the best boating year round

Jupiter Sunsation 09-25-2005 09:32 AM

East Coast all day long! Bahamas is an hour away and the keys are always fun. Water is blue and will throw some rough stuff at you on a regular basis.

cuda 09-25-2005 09:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
East Coast all day long! Bahamas is an hour away and the keys are always fun. Water is blue and will throw some rough stuff at you on a regular basis.

I live on the east coast now, and it doesn't compare with the Tampa Bay area. Here, you're either in the Icw, or run out in the ocean with no place to go, unless you want to run 60 miles to the next inlet. In Tampa Bay, you've got several big bays to run in, with lots of different destinations. You can run in protected areas, out in the big bay, or out in the gulf. There are a lot of inlets close to each other for access to the gulf. The boating over there is the only thing I miss about living there.

Scott B 09-25-2005 10:02 AM

The NE coast is WAY different from the SE coast Joe... You need to run with us during the Miami show for a change.....

Jupiter Sunsation 09-25-2005 10:08 AM

I did the Long Labor Day Poker Run this year and the area was nice but nothing is cooler than the blue water of the Bahamas or even the keys. You can make Bimini in less than an hour and most of the inlets are 15-20 miles apart. Ft. Lauderdale area is a little weak with all the no wake zones but with fuel prices going off the chart they make the no wake zones seem tolerable. Tampa area does have a lot of waterways etc. but to a new boater in the area that can be overwhelming.

florida gator 09-25-2005 08:54 PM

Port Richey to St Pete area. Numerous small islands only accesable by boat and normally plenty of people watching or plenty of secluded areas.

Hooters, Gators, Shepards, Salt Rock, Undertow, Billys Stone Crab just to name a few.