Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Last Minute Cambridge Race Questions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113061-last-minute-cambridge-race-questions.html)

DelawareRiverRunner 09-25-2005 12:24 AM

Last Minute Cambridge Race Questions

Where do the boats get launched from...what ramp or marina? How do I get there from the Route 50 bridge?

What time do time trials/test runs start this morning? What are the actual race times?

Are you closer to the race course and boats from the Hyatt docks/pier or the old Route 50 bridge?

Hope to see and meet some of you guys and gals down there. Have a great day...enjoy the race!! I wish all you party people speedy recoveries from your hangovers!!

If you are in the race, best of luck to you and yours!!

Dave M 09-25-2005 05:37 AM

Re: Last Minute Cambridge Race Questions

After you cross the bridge take the first right, there is a public ramp there. I think that is where they put in.

I believe the races are at 12:00 and 2:00. Dont know about practice.

I'd recommend spectating from the Hyatt. You can check out all the boats close up.

I'm heading over by boat. See you there!

Craney 09-25-2005 05:43 AM

When is the Cambridge race?

Dave M 09-25-2005 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Craney
When is the Cambridge race?

In about 5 hours! :drink:

You better start driving! :D

offshoredrillin 09-25-2005 06:03 AM

I'll be leaving annapolis by boat in a couple hours, if you're going by boat, just keep going up the choptank until you get to the bridge by the Hyatt, the course is on the otehr side of the bridge, flag boats will show you where you can raft up.... if anyone wants to ride with me they are welcome to.

Dave M 09-25-2005 06:07 AM

I wonder what the bay is like today? Weather channel says SE winds, less than 10 MPH. NOAA says 10-15 KT winds. I hope for once the weather channel is right.

Love Machine 09-25-2005 06:31 AM

Here are today's festivities. If you're going by boat don't take any chances, time your arrival for 10AM or earlier because the river will completely shut down around 10:30.

There's only 1 spectator section for boats, it will be located on the opposite bank from the Hyatt, our sweep boats will point you in the right direction. Hail RaceComm on channel 16 if you need any help, I'm not sure what other channels we'll be on, perhaps 69 or 78.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 2005

7AM – 6PM Blue Point Rest. Power Boat Party Hyatt Blue Point Rest.
• Power Boat Breakfast
• Lunch and more
• Live Race Commentary
• Race Observation Deck
• Shaw Shariff – 1 - 3pm Live Broadcast – ESPN – 1240AM

9AM –11AM Power Boat Challenge Drivers Meeting & Physicals Hyatt Regency

9AM – 5PM Power Boat Challenge Dry Pits Open to Public Sailwinds Park

9AM – 5PM Power Boat Challenge Wet Pits Open to Public Hyatt River Marsh Marina

10AM – 5PM Choptank Fishing Pier Open to Public Cambridge

10AM – 6PM Maryland’s Eastern Shore Outdoor Show Governor’s Hall
(Vendors, Hunting Seminars, Shooting Skills and More)

NOON – 5PM Dorchester Show Case
Arts & Crafts Festival High Street
Presented by Dorchester Art Center

NOON – 4PM 3RD ANNUAL CAMBRIDGE POWER CHOPTANK RIVER/
BOAT CHALLENGE HYATT REGENCY

1PM - 3PM Shaw Shariff – Live Broadcast Hyatt Blue Point Rest.
ESPN WCEM-1240AM

1PM Power Boat Challenge Race #1 Choptank River

2PM Power Boat Challenge Race #2 Choptank River

5PM 3rd Annual Cambridge Power Boat Hyatt River Marsh Marina
Challenge Awards Celebration

offshoredrillin 09-25-2005 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dave M
I wonder what the bay is like today? Weather channel says SE winds, less than 10 MPH. NOAA says 10-15 KT winds. I hope for once the weather channel is right.

yea me too Dave, I heard it was 2-3 footers in the choptank yesterday. If you want you can meet me at pier 7 and go with me in the Tiger...Rob

Dave M 09-25-2005 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
yea me too Dave, I heard it was 2-3 footers in the choptank yesterday. If you want you can meet me at pier 7 and go with me in the Tiger...Rob

Thanks for the invite but I already had some crew lined up. It wasn't bad going over. Coming home.... :eek:

I hoped to spectate from the docks but as soon as I pulled in to the marina the Hyatt Dock Pr1cks were all over me. I would of gladly paid to dock for a few hours but they wanted a full overnight rate. They have PLENTY of excess dock space, they could of made some $$. So, we watched from the water on the other side of the course. I think next year I will go by car.

offshoredrillin 09-25-2005 07:07 PM

When I got there I pulled up to the end dock A, guy came up and said 50 bucks so I just paid it, it was worth it. Your right coming back was fun, I had the tiger in the air quite a few times:D