Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wanna be a racer? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113137-wanna-racer.html)

ScottB 09-26-2005 01:05 PM

Wanna be a racer?

NEW RACERS, OLD RACERS, CURRENT RACERS

Well now is your chance.
In an unprecidented effort to attract new blood to the sport and drag out some of the old blood of offshore racing, The Jersey BoyZ, OPA, and AMF Offshore Racing.com
has team up for an awesome event.
October 8th and 9th the Camden OPA event will be
The AMF OFFSHORERACING.COM dash for the cash
There will be NO entry fees or equipment fees for this race.
Thats right people, come and race you boat for Free.
The best part is, John Haggin of AMF Offshore will put up $26000 in prize money that $5200 per class.
You can actually show up and make $$
NO EXCUSES THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO OFFSHORE RACING. Its the end of the season, come on out for 1 last Hoorah.
For information regarding this race stay tuned, it will be on the OPA racing website within the next couple days

BOATS AND EQUIPMENT WILL HAVE TO MEET THE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS OF OPA

Tantrum 09-26-2005 01:09 PM

Re: Wanna be a racer?

Sounds interesting

DollaBill 09-26-2005 01:11 PM

sounds scary.

Ron P 09-26-2005 01:13 PM

Correction. The Camden race is Oct 8th and 9th. Don't be late!

See www.oparacing.com for details.

OldSchool 09-26-2005 05:14 PM

Great idea!!!

I can't thank the entire AMF Offshore team enough for all of their hospitality that they showed everyone at the races this past weekend. You all ROCK!!!!

Cash Bar 09-26-2005 05:21 PM

Hey Scott, no National in Deerfield, huh? It is the same weekend....... :(

berns29scarab 09-26-2005 06:54 PM

This definately has to attract some attention...

ScottB 09-26-2005 07:52 PM

AMF will still have representation in Deerfield with Kean and Nesquick, but we can only run the turbine boat in OPA and we aren't going to pass up that opportunity. Both events will be great

FREEDOM US1 09-26-2005 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by ScottB
AMF will still have representation in Deerfield with Kean and Nesquick, but we can only run the turbine boat in OPA and we aren't going to pass up that opportunity. Both events will be great

To bad it's the same date as the Sarasota poker run. :( I have a 46 skater thats been out to pasture to long. A one off race would be a lot of fun!! Keep us informed if you do this again!! :D

ScottB 09-26-2005 09:45 PM

I ran with you in the first Sarasota poker run I think, we were in Warbird
in that nasty Gulf water. Judging from what I saw you and your boat need to be on the racecourse, you run it like you race it anyhow.
There will always be another Poker Run, this may not happen again