Notices

PowerBoat Mag

Old 01-15-2002, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thisistank,

I agree with everything you said. I am a strong believer in "Personal Responsibility". Sadly many people get hammered drive, Boat, car, motorcycle,.... and feel it was someone else’s fault if they wreck. Hate people like that. Remember "Personal Responsibility".

Will
Old 01-15-2002, 02:07 PM
TulsaLarry

Check out page 42. Baja and Skater partner up to build 39' "V" for Factory 2 racing. Baja will create the hull plug and Skater will build the boat.

Old 01-15-2002, 07:14 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by catmando:
<STRONG>US1, in what dictionary did you find the word "misfortunate" I emailed them some time ago about running pictures of unsafe boating practices. Guess they don't care. </STRONG>
Got that word from the toilet paper roll.
I'm tring to better my vocab.

Apparently (nutter new word ) your email did go thru and they read it as your letter is also published in the magazine for all the world to read. There are several letters from the members here. So no censership there!

Tank, I totally agree with you on the telling us what we can and cannot do on our own boats, while on your own time. But when you participate in any event, rules are there for a reason. Not only for your saftey, but the boat next to you that is following the rules. Sure you have to agree to that aspect.? As far as some of the pictures printed, sure looked like everyone was having a blast. Just like for them all to be able to return for next years event.

Jerry
Old 01-15-2002, 07:16 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tank and Too Old(Fred) have letters to the editor printed

Cool
Old 01-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Registered

Forrest's(FWK)letter was also published. OSO members are in many of the mags this month; Spinetickler, Gordo, Tomcat, Endangered Species, kilokat, JimV, and Team Liquid to name a few. Hot Boat has an article on the Shootout at LOTO also.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:32 PM

I've participated in a few poker runs and never broke the rules nor did anyone on the boat. Beer on the pier and water on the water. How hard is that to do for like a 4 or 5 hr. period? Gimmee a break.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:47 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,593 Likes on 3,765 Posts
Due to the fact that a poker run is organized event you have to play by thier rules. when youre boating by yourself it is up to the individual to figure out what they want to do for safety sake. its the same as riding a motorcycle with no helmet. its your choice and must live by the decisions you make.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by MnFastBoat:
<STRONG>
Originally posted by thisistank:
[QB]Miller, Are you trying to say that it should be manditory to wear life vests and have the same DUI laws as motor vehicles??]]
--Miller may not be saying it, But I am! Get real.In this day and age it is not worth the drink. I have known way to many people THINK they are ok with drinking and driving. It has a motor, no alcohol allowed-period. --

[There are still laws about being impaired while driving a boat....You cant be, its illegal. However it is not illegal to drink and drive your boat as long as you are responsible.]
--However the guy next to you might THINK he can drink more then you. Or he might get there late and THINK he has to catch up on the consumption level.--

[That is the key word. I don't need someone to baby sit me and tell me how I run my boat and what I should be wearing. I am an adult, I am responsible.]
---And you are saying no one else is?---

[But my main point was that it is rediculous to complain about a photo in a magazine.]
---I totally agree with you on this
Look at the gas stations across the country that sell beer AND gas
they do not go together legally of socially, but they do it ---

[And for the record; No I don't think people should drink and drive cars]
---but you THINK it is OK for you to drive your boat and drink. A boat that CANNOT stop in under 300 feet at 60mph unlike almost all cars can????---

[and yes I think it should be up to the person driving the car if they wish to wear a seat belt or not.]
---This is item #2 I agree with you on. The ONLY person you are going to hurt is yourself without a seatbelt.---

[And I believe theres a huge difference between a car and a boat. cars drive on roadways with lots of objects, people, and other cars around them. Boats do not.]
---you must have the type of boat that you anchor 100 yards offshore so you do not have to worry about docking around others---

[And if I want to drink a beer while sitting around waiting for everyone to get their **** together before a poker run I should be able to.]
--- does this mean the people that are stuck in traffic jams can crack one open during the wait?? They are not actually DRIVING so it must be ok??---

[But really this is a mute point because poker run organizers don't and can't enforce these rules once you are out of ear shot anyway.]
---Maybe they should make it mandatory for particapants to take a breathelizer??
At least the ones that win any of the hands or prizes---

I have never understood how the person that is driving a boat and drinking a beer can legally pull up to the dock, drop off his none drinking buddy to go and get his truck n trailer, drive the boat onto the trailer, and then get into the 3rd row seat of his suburban with his non-drinking buddy driving and then get puller over by the local trooper and give the boat DRIVER a ticker for open bottle???</STRONG>
Old 01-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by MnFastBoat:
[I have never understood how the person that is driving a boat and drinking a beer can legally pull up to the dick, drop off his none drinking buddy to go and get his truck n trailer, drive the boat onto the trailer, and then get into the 3rd row seat of his suburban with his non-drinking buddy driving and then get puller over by the local trooper and give the boat DRIVER a ticker for open bottle???[/QB]
That sure is interesting! So if you're over the limit, you're better off to stay behind the wheel on the water vs. in the back seat of a car?

Here in Indiana the laws are the same for both boating and driving drunk. No open containers. Any boating DUI goes against your drivers license.

Common sense, everything else will fall in place.
Old 01-15-2002, 11:35 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
MrOffshore, let me know what runs you are planning, because if what you preach is what you play I would be happy to join in your group.
water on water beer on the pier

However, water is almost all times for me

There is a place and time for everything in life

Quick Reply: PowerBoat Mag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.