Notices

Want to get boat painted

Old 01-15-2002, 07:14 AM
JHR

Post Want to get boat painted

As you all know I recently got divorced and as a result own a Powerquest 28 foot boat. I would love to get the boat painted or some graphics done in all yellow . I like some of the boats I have been seeing in some of the mags like baja has an all yellow Where would I start the process I live in Poughkeepsie NY and have no clue on what costs would be involved or who the main players are Can some advise
thanks
Jane

Old 01-15-2002, 07:49 AM
JIM H
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is a guy on long island that does great work i think he works out of falcon
marine in hampton bays ny try calling out there and speak to jim you wont be sorry
Old 01-15-2002, 07:51 AM
Registered

Hi Jane,

If you want a job that you can afford that is done with the best materials and great graphic design, we can do it and we are in Glens Falls, hell maybe an hour and a half from you.

Our latest job is on our web site.
http://www.critical-lift.com

Graphics can be worked out to your liking. If interested i'll supply email addresses.

Ted
Old 01-15-2002, 07:58 AM
packinair

I would talk to Glassdave. He painted my boat and I always try and support other board members if they aare in the busniess that I am in need of. Plus he did a great job

Old 01-15-2002, 08:32 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

I would get in touch with Mac Hadden AKA Mack The knife, He has a Rod and custom graphic shop just south of Lake George. He is very well known in the area. They do phenomenal work. His 21 Skater was a featured article for a few months in Family & Performance Boating Mag. Its absolutely gorgeous. If you have a chance, stop by his shop and take a look at the work he has done in the past. You wont be disappointed. Sorry but I dont have his # handy

Paul
Old 01-15-2002, 08:37 AM
Registered

Mack the Knife is absolutely dynamite, but i think it will be expensive. His number is 518 798-0872. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Paint and preperation are most of the work and cost. We have and in house artist if you need some drawings done. And we can lead you in the right direction as far as finding a painter. We are having 4 boats painted in 2 weeks here in Cincinnati.
Chris Reindl
(513)706-3199
Old 01-15-2002, 09:48 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Jane: Not to sound like I am putting you down, I am not, but you were sounding shaky on your driving skills. Personally I would hate to see you spend a lot of money having your nice graffics done then ruin them with a bad docking or something like that. I would drive the boat for a year till you gain confidence then go for it. There is nothing worse looking on a boat then scratches in the paint. I know my boat has lots of them from the former owner. I hope to repaint this spring Just something to consider.

Jon
Old 01-15-2002, 10:23 AM
jr

This maybe a dumb question, and I know it depends on the graphics, but what does it cost to paint a boat.

How much would it cost to paint a 26 ft. deep v gelcoated boat all white. Including the bottom. Now don't laught too hard, but in my mind something like that should cost around 2500-3000 bucks. Am I close, or do I need to look at buying some of my own spray equipment.

Old 01-15-2002, 10:44 AM
ScreaminDemon

Grafic EFX and Kangaroo (the 2 who started all this wild stuff) get anywhere from $15k to $30k to do some of the nice jobs you see out there!

Quick Reply: Want to get boat painted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.