Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   28 Checkmate (red/white) in New Buffalo, MI (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113563-28-checkmate-red-white-new-buffalo-mi.html)

fkonieczny 10-02-2005 06:23 PM

28 Checkmate (red/white) in New Buffalo, MI

Anyone know the owner of the 28' Checkmate on Lake Michigan? The boat is red and white. This guy thinks he is the fastest boat on the southeast side of Lake Michigan. I was talking to him at Casey's (local bar) and he claimed to be the fastest in the region. Even beating some of you you Chicago boys. Somebosy please come across this guy and show him how fast his boat ISN'T.

REBEL4845 10-02-2005 06:51 PM

Re: 28 Checkmate (red/white) in New Buffalo, MI

Originally Posted by fkonieczny
Anyone know the owner of the 28' Checkmate on Lake Michigan? The boat is red and white. This guy thinks he is the fastest boat on the southeast side of Lake Michigan. I was talking to him at Casey's (local bar) and he claimed to be the fastest in the region. Even beating some of you you Chicago boys. Somebosy please come across this guy and show him how fast his boat ISN'T.

I have seen that boat. It is fast, but not the fastest on the southeast side by far. There are some outerlimits that would put him in check. By the way, konieczny, what do you run?

Anarchy Powerboats 10-02-2005 07:09 PM

And do you have any family in Boston? I was in the Army with Brian Konieczny

WETTE VETTE 10-02-2005 07:42 PM

He must be running 120 plus! :drink:

fkonieczny 10-02-2005 08:05 PM

No family in Boston, that is interesting though. Not a very common name.

The checkmate guy claims 118mph. I personally think the guy is full of ****. I have seen it numerous times in the public slips over the weekends.

Currently I only have my cruiser. I am in the market for another Cigarette. Probably a 38' unless I find the right deal on a 42'.

articfriends 10-02-2005 08:33 PM

The checkmate guy claims 118mph. I personally think the guy is full of ****. I have seen it numerous times in the public slips over the weekends.

Currently I only have my cruiser. I am in the market for another Cigarette. Probably a 38' unless I find the right deal on a 42'.

What was the name of the boat? I have met a couple guys with 900 plus hp checkmates at hardy pond that run in the 90's. There is also a guy with twin turbo checkmate on this board with a #3 or #6 drive that runs in the teens too but I don't think he has any red on his boat and from what I know he doesn't brag about his boat,it speaks for itself. To get a 28 to run that fast would take around 1300hp,what did he say he had for power,Smitty

BZ 10-02-2005 10:39 PM

If he is really running 100+ he is going need a pilots lisc. to drive that thing...I don't think so...BZ

candyman35 10-02-2005 11:01 PM

118 in a 28' Checkmate on Lake Michigan. No way! Quiet Storm had an all Red 28' Checkmate that was a rocket ship. Ask him what he thinks about 118. :eek: :D
Dan

MarkSmith 10-02-2005 11:15 PM

You don't even have to go to chicago to find someone faster. Michigan City has some Outerlimits that will take care of him. The Checkmate are fast boats but not very stable at high speeds. What motors does this boat have?