Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boaters Into Classic Cars/Drag Racing?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113564-boaters-into-classic-cars-drag-racing.html)

DelawareRiverRunner 10-02-2005 06:35 PM

Boaters Into Classic Cars/Drag Racing??

After going to ATCO twice in the last week, I was just curious to see if any OSO members out there anywhere (but especially in the Philly/SJ area) are also involved in or were previously involved in these other "hobbies"...drag racing and classic/muscle cars. We all seem to be speed freaks by land and water.

If so, what kind of ride do/did you have?? Can you tell us some more about it? Could you please post some pics of it if possible?? Would love to see your ride!! (Nothing beats a nice burn out or wheelstand/launch shot!)

THANKS for the pics/replies,
DRR

JCPERF 10-02-2005 06:38 PM

Re: Boaters Into Classic Cars/Drag Racing??

2 Attachment(s)
:cool:

Originally Posted by DelawareRiverRunner
After going to ATCO twice in the last week, I was just curious to see if any OSO members out there anywhere (but especially in the Philly/SJ area) are also involved in or were previously involved in these other "hobbies"...drag racing and classic/muscle cars. We all seem to be speed freaks by land and water.

If so, what kind of ride do/did you have?? Can you tell us some more about it? Could you please post some pics of it if possible?? Would love to see your ride!! (Nothing beats a nice burn out or wheelstand/launch shot!)

THANKS for the pics/replies,
DRR

:cool: Car has been 7.50s at Atco back when we ran it in 10.5 class

JCPERF 10-02-2005 06:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
New engine and new owner :cool: 7.20s at 194 :cool:

DelawareRiverRunner 10-02-2005 06:48 PM

JC,

There is a silver 73/74 Nova with 68-72 nose from around here...a shop out of Levittown, PA. (K&M I think) Ran 7.70's last Tuesday. BAD AS HELL!! I love these nitrous cars!!

375stinger 10-02-2005 06:53 PM

porsche turbo, ferrari testarossa, bently continental.. chitty foreign cars....my dad is pissed cuse i want a blown chevelle ss 454... :evilb:

DelawareRiverRunner 10-02-2005 06:57 PM

I might have seen that red Nova...at Cecil County in June 2004 or Maple Grove in August 2003 maybe. I can't remember...could have also been Island Dragway last September or E Town 2 or 3 years back. It su*** getting old...I hope I'm not getting early Alzheimers disease!!

DelawareRiverRunner 10-02-2005 07:29 PM

Ferris Buehler's Day Off is on HBO right now...and they just killed the car!!

Panther 10-02-2005 07:39 PM

Nice! Always liked the nova's

My favorite car is the 69-71' Camaro SS! Now, if my wife would just let me build one! Asked a couple times but I don't think she's going to budge.

CAP071 10-02-2005 07:57 PM

I Miss Atco Haven't been there in years :(

bojoe2 10-02-2005 08:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
just had my car in wildwood car show 2 weeks ago on the boardwalk see sharkymarine web site he has alot but not all the pics from the show.