Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Honeyman Skater crashes in Az. >

Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Notices

Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Originally Posted by Dregsz
Quote:

It just seems to karmically weird that the boating worlds biggest looser, flips his dick compensation machine and gets rescued by the nicest stolen boat in the country.
karma is awesome.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:03 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did Sy ever chime in on the status of the underwriters discovery?

JH
Old 10-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
did Sy ever chime in on the status of the underwriters discovery?

JH
He is on the case !
Old 10-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buggyman100
yeah, your right! just do us a favor, keep your a$$ in ca. we have enough c*ck suckers here is AZ. the same people that sit here and talk sht are the same ones sitting in the cove getting drunk and driving there boats back to the marina as fast as they can go. its all cool untill some one gets hurt of killed!
the funny part is most of you missed that part! its time to rip up leland, and most of you don't even know him.
and the ones that do, I've been in humbug every Sunday sense march, I've saw all of you out there, the things you said about him, must of that i could say about you!
lets just hope that if this ever happens to you that you can handle your boat well enough that no one gets hurt also!
im sure you will be glad to hear this but this is my last post, it just makes me ill to know alot of you just thrive on others misfortune.
i thought that we were all on here because we love boats, the water and have a fun weekend with out friends.

Need I say more? LOL!

Yep, I love boats, don't thrive on other's misfortune, and yes, you guys were lucky this time. I hope this coming Monday morning we don't see some tragic post about the next crazy stunt gone wrong.

You know, I'm no mechanic (people know that!) but can you have two performance motors get wet like that when they're hot, drag the boat and flip it over, and have it ready to go the following week? I sure would like to meet that mechanic!
Old 10-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Need I say more? LOL!

Yep, I love boats, don't thrive on other's misfortune, and yes, you guys were lucky this time. I hope this coming Monday morning we don't see some tragic post about the next crazy stunt gone wrong.

You know, I'm no mechanic (people know that!) but can you have two performance motors get wet like that when they're hot, drag the boat and flip it over, and have it ready to go the following week? I sure would like to meet that mechanic!

I think JC has some special duct tape for wet motors. Good for a second pass as soon as the tape dries.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=thisistank]
Dude, you take alot for granted:
The boat was recovered, sold by the ins. Co. no harm no foul, and the case is solved and We shouldn't be concerned.
QUOTE]

I'm not stiring the pot or anything, but is this confirmed? Isn't the guy that owned the boat on OSO? And if it is fact....What's the details? Was the boat stripped? What was the buying price and what condition? Just curious....

NO NO NO there is no information as yet that the boat was ever recovered or paid off.

The above quote was taken out of context by some Ahole and reposted.
It was made in reply to a long winded thread about how we should all mind our own business, because the guy was sure that it was all on the up and up.

The current facts as we losely know them on OSO is that if the boat were recovered, the original owner would have right of first purchase from the Ins co, and he has never been notified of the boat having been recovered or offered for sale.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Registered

NO NO NO there is no information as yet that the boat was ever recovered or paid off.

I don't know how they know.......but on post 267.......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...6&page=7&pp=40
Old 10-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Registered

"I'd be willing to bet some money that the props were turning in on that boat, it was stated that when in the turn he gassed the outside motor, as soon as the inside prop is out of the water the outside prop is biting harder and it will help turn the boat over if the props are turning in.

The boat was only upside down due to operator error. You need to know what your boat will do, with 8 people in a boat with seats for 6 is not the time to be learning how to turn the boat."

This is a quote off another site from an experienced and locally respected Cat operator, (w 30' Spectre w OBs)
Which brings up the point, which I never got clear from the descriptions, did it roll, (flip) to port or Starboard?

This was also described in "Great moments in Cat History" I'll try to locate that post.

Last edited by Dregsz; 10-07-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I don't know how they know.......but on post 267.......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...6&page=7&pp=40

The OSO family was notified of the boat stolen from NJ.
The owner asked the OSOers to keep an eye out for it.
One of the long time members made the call from the pick that it looked like the stolen Top Gun. The Cigeratte guys on OSO were sure it was a one off factory paint job and confirmed it from the original painter.

There is no absolute certainty that it was the same boat but it likely was. The OSO action network is on the job. Maricopa County Sherriff has been contacted, ins co contacted, etc (according to the thread).

The owner was contacted by his OSO buddies and He confirmed that he had not been notified by authorities or ins co. of the recoverey etc.
That is where it stood as of 3pm today, Thursday.

It was cool of the driver to lend a hand and help with the rescue but if he stole the boat or bought a stolen boat it needs to get cleared up.

If it was my boat, stolen and I had been paid out of the boat with a decent insurance settlement, I'd hope to never see it again, but my boat isn't a one of a kind Top Gun either.

Evan

Last edited by Dregsz; 10-06-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Registered

How bout some of you local Lake Pleasent bad asses get in touch with the OSO mafia for some local assistance?

OSO has a mafia??? Sweet!!!! Where do we sign up??? I'll be out on Sunday with my eyes peeled.

Quick Reply: Honeyman Skater crashes in Az.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.