Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113584-why-both-worlds-same-weekend.html)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-03-2005 08:01 AM

Re: WHY ARE BOTH "WORLDS" THE SAME WEEKEND?

Originally Posted by CigDaze
That's a good question, isn't it??????????????//
:rolleyes:

Anyone care to resond?.....

Sure! I'll take a stab at it.

They are looking to save us all money!!! Knowing we can only be at one place at one time.... :D

Always got to look at the bright side of things! :drink: :drink:

Formula Outlaw 10-03-2005 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

They are looking to save us all money!!! Knowing we can only be at one place at one time.... :D

Good one.....:drink: :D

CigDaze 10-03-2005 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine

That was good. :D :D

Ron P 10-03-2005 09:56 AM

Without getting into the details - Both groups were scheduled to race in Key West together. Plans made, dates set, everyone happy.

A few months back, SBI decided to un-invited OSS to attend Key West, leaving OSS to try and find a place to hold thier own event. Since the schedules were set, they didn't change the dates, just the location.

Please be clear about one thing - OSS wanted to race in Key West with APBA/SBI.

See ya in St Pete.

Panther 10-03-2005 10:13 AM

That's just crazy!! :eek: :mad:

T2x 10-03-2005 10:17 AM

And the beat goes on.............

Ready...... shoot....... aim

This die was cast when APBA and SB(I) (R) merged......

Tit for Tat..... has, unfortunately, become the basis for just about everything in the sport today.

The goal here is to pit the better fleet (OSS) against the better venue (Key West)..... and see who "wins".

Each side is banking that they've got the juice.

Bottom line........under the best of circumstances..... the dwindling offshore fleet is split in half...yet again.

And that ain't good.

Remember "A house divided......................etc."

T2x

Panther 10-03-2005 10:23 AM

And then they wonder why companies don't want to spend big bucks on sponsorhip... My company, at my request, sponsored a boat one year and we won't do it again because there was no return on investment. We take responsibility in the fact that we could have done more on our end but, oh well.

It has to be run like a business, not some egotistical game! Probably the reason I don't attend to many races anymore. :mad:

tiufb 10-03-2005 10:35 AM

All of the above is what I was afraid of, I was just naively hoping that there was a good reason. It would make way to much sense to have the races on different weekends.

FunHome 10-03-2005 12:02 PM

Because they NEVER ask themselves "Is it good for the sport" before they do anything!!

To me it's completely STUPID!!!

BRUCE SEROFF 10-03-2005 12:20 PM

Formula Outlaw says it all in post 10. He's one of the smart ones.
But its hard to stay away from an addiction.

1 of the sanctioning bodies doesnt care about the good of the sport or the racers. Only their check book. you figure out who that is.

Eventually, everyone's wishes will come true. Be patient

Good things come to those who wait :D