Cool pic and story of an Active Thunder cat >

Cool pic and story of an Active Thunder cat

Notices

Cool pic and story of an Active Thunder cat

Old 06-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cool pic and story of an Active Thunder cat

Heres a pic of a mini cat that I am told was built by Active Thunder in 2002. I don't really know much about the mold or its history but after buying the boat from OSO member insptech, bringing it to Toronto and completely stripping it to a bare hull, I can tell you its one impressively built little boat. The construction compared to my Cougar Cub is amazing. All hand laid glass, balsa coring,nice. The project started as the result of the owner of the Eliminator in the back ground. I bought that one as an un rigged hull from Rod at Performance Marine(OSO member rpm) last spring. After rigging and delivering the boat to its owner, he saw my cougar cub and asked me to find a mini cat for his son(pictured) and make it look exactly like his Daytona. I rerigged the boat using all Purple Dana hardware(thanks Too Old), rebuilt and painted the old Force white and purple, repaired some ugly trailer rash spots and wet sanded and polished out the hull. Then it was graphics time. By using digital images and a tape measure, we were able to duplicate the Graphics on the Daytona to scale in vinyl. With a little dial in time, we now have it running 34 mph on gps and it handles great. Needless to say there is one very happy 11 year old cruising for chicks this summer at his cottage.As a matter of fact, he said and I quote" man, I'm gonna have the chicks all over me with this baby " All in all a fun little project that totalled out to about 8 grand Canadian lock stock and barrel on a trailer. About the price of a descent used SeeDoo but far more exclusive, I believe its the only hull AT made like this. ( Pat, correct me if I am wrong here.)It will also teach a new generation of performance boater how to really "drive" a boat. I am going to visit with the family this weekend at the invitation of the little guy so he can take me for a ride
P.S.,Pat, do you still have the molds for this thing?

So, what do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Cool pic and story of an Active Thunder cat-mac5.2copy.jpg  

Last edited by Airpacker; 06-09-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Strangest Looking AT made?

most cool!!! sure beats the 13' whaler i had at that age!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:54 AM
Registered

Default Re: Cool pic and story of an Active Thunder cat

Awesome, I want one!! I think those little "offshores" are cool as hell.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Registered

Way Cool!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 08:11 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it worked out so well, really nice job you did on it. When I got that from AT there was another blank hull in the shop and I guess the molds were around to-maybe a PM to Pat would be helpful.

Sorry about the trailer rash-12 year olds don't load daintily
Old 06-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A/P, p.m. me with his info and I will be sure to get him in the owner's section. Pat.
Old 06-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I need to find something like that for my daughter
Old 06-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
Glad it worked out so well, really nice job you did on it. When I got that from AT there was another blank hull in the shop and I guess the molds were around to-maybe a PM to Pat would be helpful.

Sorry about the trailer rash-12 year olds don't load daintily
Ted, thanks for the compliments. I think the rash problems were more a trailer fault than your kids actually. I raised the bunks a few inches and moved the fenders ot 2 inches as well to clear the sponsons better. You sure were right on as to the construction of that little sucker. Very Nice indeed. Thanks, was great doing business with you. Oh, and tell Scott my folks thought he was a real nice guy
Old 06-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Registered

Pat, the info is on its way to you. If you want a much higher resolution pic, let me know.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Looks great! I talked to AT about that boat some time ago. They had the molds laying around from when they bought the company and wanted to see what the boat was like. Arn't you glad they decided to pull a couple out?

Quick Reply: Cool pic and story of an Active Thunder cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.