Notices

E-bay Help

Old 10-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default E-bay Help

Over the weekend the wife listed two vehicles on E-Bay and there has been some interest.
I know some of you have had some questionable offers and dealings on E-bay.
So, what do I need to do to Cover My AZZ in these transactions?
One guy wants me to ship a car to Canada - screw that, I'm not in the shipping business ( well, actually I am, but shipping the damn thing is his problem...).

I just want to make sure we get full payment before turning over vehicle and title. I know some of you have had problems with this.

Just trying to avoid having to call together an OSO posse and bringing out "the Bat".
Old 10-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: E-bay Help

Use eBay's escrow service. Or have them wire transfer the money to your bank account.
I've bought two cars on eBay, both of them wire transfer - both times I arranged the shipping - all I asked the seller to do was to be there when the car was loaded - and that's all you should do.
You should also edit the ads to indicate your choices. Do not accept any kind of check, unless the buyer wants to wait 14 banking days to clear them, even if "Certified", "Cashiers", etc.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I sold a car on Ebay, I let the person pay me by Pay Pal. There's a fee I know. I have the account attached to a statement account that I never keep more than $100.00 in. Never attach it to a credit card. If something goes wrong, they'll take the money from you (at least that's what I was told). I had Pay Pal transfer the money to the account, then I immediately removed it. Then the car was picked up.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, never accept a credit card payment - you will get screwed.
Come to think of it, I sold a car the same way you did. I took an immediate PayPal deposit, I picked the buyer up at the airport, he checked the car out, we went into the house, he logged on, transferred the money from PayPal, I moved it right away, he took the car. And we both were happy people.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Registered

I have sold and bought lots or cars, trucks and motocycles and boats on ebay.

It's easy. and you must keep in mind that it's kinda scary from the buyer point of view also.

I usually offer the buyer..I will take the vehicle to the local deal that they choose, and they can pay the dealer the $60-$270 for the inspection. (depends on how detailed they want) they can dicuss this with the dealer themselves..not you.

Then they (the buyer) wires the funds.
Papers are sent fed-ex...and the buyer can arrange shipping or car-on-a-truck dot com or the other 1001 car transport companies.

Shipping to Canada is no problem.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:27 AM
Registered

http://www.paypalwarning.com/
Old 10-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Johno
That has got to be the best web link address I've ever seen. I just had a real bad experiance with paypal. Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Does Ebay use "The Real Merchant Account" system? I just went to Paypal and deleted all my account info and sent an inquiry to PayPal concerning allogations made on that website. I'm curious to see their response. Everyone else should to just to shake them up.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the responses everyone.

OK, now I'm getting nervous/paranoid of getting screwed.

The reserve on the car was met today, and the bidding on the Harley is getting close to reserve.
When the wife placed the ad, she didn't make any serious stipulations about payment - accept cash, paypal, personal check( ).
I'm at a point where "when you pick it up, pay-up, CASH!" - can I still do this without affecting the auction??
Or are we hosed?

The current high bidder on the car has 4 very good responses on other "high ticket" items. Can the responses be falsified??

Really kinda need the money to pay for a few other things related to her new ride.

Any further advice?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Registered

If ya get cash not much can go wrong unless its counterfeit. Beware of fake certified checks.....If anything looks fishy don't let the car go.

Quick Reply: E-bay Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.