Like Tree0Likes

Winter Storage in upstate NY

Reply
Old 10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
  #1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default Winter Storage in upstate NY

Anyone know of any reasonable indoor storage within a one hundred mile radius of Saratoga Springs NY??? Thanks.
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:55 PM
  #2
Registered
 
epeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lake George N.Y.
My Boats: 35 Fountain Executioner
Posts: 1,530
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Let me know if you find anything. I usally store mine
in Hudson Falls. The guy owns a pallet company and
has a bunch of beat up pole barns on his property.
Its been o/k for the last 3 years,but I'm a little nervous
with the new boat.
epeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Albany NY
My Boats: 54' Searay, 31' Rinker, 12' AB Inflatible CC
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Hideaway Marine is a great place to store them Its only two hours away !!
otis311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Albany NY
My Boats: 54' Searay, 31' Rinker, 12' AB Inflatible CC
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Chuck, Is the boat ready to come home from Florida
otis311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 AM
  #5
Registered
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 1,006
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Chuck,

I don't know when you are looking to put it to bed, but I will be starting to build a new garage in hopefully a few weeks. It will be right next door to my house now on my new lot. My boat will be in my current garage for this winter, but my new garage (48 x 60) will most likely be empty for the winter.


Chris
EvilTwin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:31 PM
  #6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Chuck,

I don't know when you are looking to put it to bed, but I will be starting to build a new garage in hopefully a few weeks. It will be right next door to my house now on my new lot. My boat will be in my current garage for this winter, but my new garage (48 x 60) will most likely be empty for the winter.


Chris
Chris, when do you think it will be done??? I would love to keep it with someone I know.
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:34 PM
  #7
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis311
Chuck, Is the boat ready to come home from Florida
I was going to go to Florida and test it in the Sarasota run, but the weather doesn't look the greatest, and I didn't want to miss your run. It does suck riding in other peoples boats though!!!! Four local runs this year and I don't make one in my own boat. See ya Saturday. Are you doing anything Friday night???
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:35 PM
  #8
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by epeek
Let me know if you find anything. I usally store mine
in Hudson Falls. The guy owns a pallet company and
has a bunch of beat up pole barns on his property.
Its been o/k for the last 3 years,but I'm a little nervous
with the new boat.
Got a tip on some warehouse space today. If the price is reasonable I'll give you a call if you want to split it.
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:12 PM
  #9
Registered
 
EvilTwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sacandaga Lake
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 1,006
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Chris, when do you think it will be done??? I would love to keep it with someone I know.
I am hoping that once I start it I will pump it out pretty quick. Me and my brother-in-law (has his own contracting business)are building it. It is just getting the land finished clearing and level so we can start start the concrete. I don't have a start date though. I am hoping to be done early to mid November. I know it is late, but if your boat was not going to be up here right away and you can't find anything else let me know. You are more than welcome to store it there.
EvilTwin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:19 PM
  #10
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default Re: Winter Storage in upstate NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I am hoping that once I start it I will pump it out pretty quick. Me and my brother-in-law (has his own contracting business)are building it. It is just getting the land finished clearing and level so we can start start the concrete. I don't have a start date though. I am hoping to be done early to mid November. I know it is late, but if your boat was not going to be up here right away and you can't find anything else let me know. You are more than welcome to store it there.
Thanks Chris, I'll speak to you soon.
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
stuener
Northern Illinois Offshore Club
17
02-11-2008 11:32 PM
Nykamp
Great Lakes and Canada
4
09-05-2007 12:47 PM
Wild
General Boating Discussion
12
08-25-2006 08:44 PM
speed demon
Powerquest
1
09-16-2005 07:46 AM
39 Unlimited
General Q & A
13
11-07-2002 07:57 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.