Notices

MADISON movie

Old 10-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MADISON movie

Roostertail turn:
Attached Thumbnails MADISON  movie-miss-madison-016.jpg   MADISON  movie-miss-madison-013.jpg   MADISON  movie-miss-madison-015.jpg  

Last edited by RedDog382; 10-07-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Registered

12 years ago:
Attached Thumbnails MADISON  movie-miss-madison-011.jpg   MADISON  movie-miss-madison-012.jpg  
Old 10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Registered

1993 Detroit Gold Cup pits. You can see the orange tail on the Miss Madison sticking out in the lineup:
Attached Thumbnails MADISON  movie-miss-madison-014.jpg  

Last edited by RedDog382; 10-07-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watched it,great movie. Everybody on OSO should see it.Best part was when he hit the nitrous button . A few questions on real names.Who was the retired engine guru that came back? Who was the young driver that died in the limited race? Who were the drivers for Atlas and Bud,Muncey and Hauner?I should remember all of this but I'm old . But again,a wonderful feel good movie that will bring out the hankerchiefs.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Bruce Dern character was Harry Volpi. I never met Harry, but my teams tells me he was as ornery as the film portrayed. The young driver was a fictional character, accident didn't happen in actuality. Atlas was driven by Bill Muncey at that time and I believe Dean Chenoweth was driving the Bud. Chip Hanauer didn't begin in the Unlimiteds until app. 1976. For the movie, the drivers of the vintage boats were Mark Evans, David Williams, Ken Muscatel and other current drivers or the real owners of the current "vintage" Unlimiteds used in the film.

While I drive the current Miss Madison (Oh Boy O Berto) a further tie in is that my first unlimited owner was Jim McCormick in 1988. He partnered with the late Bob Fendler in buying Jim Sedams "Kentuckiana Paving", a Staudacher cabover with Allison power. I stayed with Jim, Bonnie, Mike and their daughter at their home in Owensboro KY when we did our first testing in Evansville IN in May of 88. While the movie showed Madison as their home, they were actually residents of Owensboro, where Jim was a mechanical contractor (a Univ. of Miami graduate).

Magicfloat, we're both old...., and thankful that with the advent of F-16 canopies, air systems, harnesses etc. even us older guys can still win a few If you're near a TV on Sunday, 4 PM EST on OLN is our final 05' race from San Diego.

Take care,
Steve
Old 10-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
and thankful that with the advent of F-16 canopies, air systems, harnesses etc. even us older guys can still win a few

Take care,
Steve
And survive a blowover at 200 m.p.h. ...
Old 10-09-2005, 01:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just watched the movie, it was great. Defenitly a few artistic aditions but they worked if you ask me and made a good movie of it.
Hydro's have such a rich history on all levels all the way from the mod classes the ss and sst boats the champ boats and the unlimiteds's it was nice to see a small piece of it brought to the public.

And Steve I may take you up on the offer to come up there for the fourth, I have never made it to Madison but have always wanted to. I've been to San Diego more then a few times and Detroit twice and had a blast every time. I used to crew for an SST45 team and until recently we raced with you guys in San Diego until they decided there wasn't eough room for us in the pits
Old 10-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Registered

Just watched it last night, and liked it very much. I kept trying to figure out why some of you thought they portrayed Bernie little as an azz, it seemed to me they only showed him smirking a lot but little or no dialog. Did I miss something? So what happened to the kid, he is involved in racing.

So does the town own the boat and have the jerky company sponsor it, or does OBoy own it. Steve do you give free Jerky out in the Pits
Old 10-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,714 Likes on 3,786 Posts

awesome movie. nice not to hear the f-bomb every other word!!
I attended many hydroraces in detroit as a kid, and still remember when bud and atlas van lines went to the cab forward design. then when they were the only boats with turbines, and dominated the field. then the 4-point hydro circus circus that never really worked well.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
You have explosions and creepy monsters in the theaters in California.........??

That explains a lot.

T2x
Of course!....... California is like a bowl of granola.... In between the nuts and the fuits... you have the flakes........

Quick Reply: MADISON movie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.