Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boston ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113841-boston.html)

LEOPAJM 10-06-2005 03:47 PM

Boston ???

Gonna be in Boston on the 18th and 19th for work ..... Anything thats a MUST see or do ???? Anything boat related ?

Thanks !

JM

wananewboat 10-06-2005 04:37 PM

Re: Boston ???

The Queen Mary Two was in town today, but will be gone by then. That some boat action.
You can always go to Faneuil Hall in downtown Boston. It has a lot of great rest., bars and shops near the water. The Marriott Long Wharf and Rose Wharf across from Faneuil Hall are very nice and are great during the summer, but not to much this time of year. You can always check for shows at the Wang Center or some of the other theaters in town.

CigDaze 10-06-2005 05:40 PM

I don't know about your schedule, but if you find time during the day, the Sam Adams brewery is a must see. It's top on my list from when wewent.

LostinBoston 10-06-2005 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
I don't know about your schedule, but if you find time during the day, the Sam Adams brewery is a must see. It's top on my list from when wewent.

Could also check out the Harpoon BRewery.

CMG 10-06-2005 08:48 PM

If your driving stay off Rt 93, Storrow Dr, Memorial Dr, and keep away from the North End and South Boston - day and night, any other time is fine though :(

Audiofn 10-06-2005 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
If your driving stay off Rt 93, Storrow Dr, Memorial Dr, and keep away from the North End and South Boston - day and night, any other time is fine though :(

You crack me up man. Actually I find it easier to get around now then ever before. However, I drive in town all the time so..... People from out of town get down right scared to death on these roads with all the construction going on. Good news is that the city is EASY to walk, take the T (subway) anyplace that you need to go. No need at all for a car. Quick reasonable cab rides all over.

There is a ton to do in the city. What do you like to do? If you like Italian the North end is the best, or Antonios near Mass General. Their food is unreal and very reasonably priced. There are lots of Museums (Fine Arts, Musium of Science, Aquarium and more), Schools (MIT, Harvard, North Eastern=many hot chicks :evilb: :evilb: . All depends on what you like to do. What do you like to do?

Jon

Audiofn 10-06-2005 09:33 PM

PS this is a IRISH town so there is a bar on every corner :drink: :drink:

JCPERF 10-06-2005 09:37 PM

You could go watch the Red Sox lose :evilb: :evilb:

satisfactionII 10-06-2005 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
You could go watch the Red Sox lose :evilb: :evilb:

Another for the billy goat, I mean Bambino. :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Danny Usnik 10-06-2005 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Gonna be in Boston on the 18th and 19th for work ..... Anything thats a MUST see or do ???? Anything boat related ?

Thanks !

JM

What am I .............chopped liver..... :D