Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Elizabeth City N.C./anybody know anything about it??? curious (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/113938-elizabeth-city-n-c-anybody-know-anything-about-curious.html)

Formula Outlaw 10-08-2005 08:28 AM

Elizabeth City N.C./anybody know anything about it??? curious

Anybody ever hear of or know anything about Elizabeth City N.C.???

Thanks.

sonicator 10-08-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Elizabeth City N.C./anybody know anything about it??? curious

Yes, I have been there. My grandfather was born in Elizabeth City. What do you want to know about the place?

fountain1fan 10-08-2005 05:17 PM

my sister and her family live ther what do you wount to know .

Formula Outlaw 10-08-2005 07:42 PM

The basics. Is it a safe place to live or is crime a problem. Any kind of boating there? Real estate prices? Anything that you might be able to tell me. Employment? What types of employment. That kind of stuff.

Thanks.

fountain1fan 10-08-2005 09:10 PM

fo i'll get my sis email add and they can e/m the info for you robbie . :D

cuda 10-08-2005 09:33 PM

Going north? You really should check out the Hollar. Johno was here today, and he loves the area. He's wanting to buy a lot for sale across the street from me.

Formula Outlaw 10-08-2005 09:34 PM

Ain't me going north......

cuda 10-08-2005 10:41 PM

Someone stopping short of Pa?

Formula Outlaw 10-09-2005 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by cuda
Someone stopping short of Pa?

I guess so. It's a friggin' soap opera.

Now the latest statement is, and I quote exactly here, "I'm not going to beg anyone for love".....if my family wants to love me they'll do it from long distance. My brother is turning into my mother, or he's getting it from Mary" (his wife).

They dared offer her an opinion which was somewhat different that what she had in mind. Beware those that offer a difference of opinion. :rolleyes:

Like I've said, Deb has MAJOR issues from her upbringing. Now she doesn't trust her Mother or her brother. Much less me, hell I'm dead last on THAT list. Her family can't even offer her suggestions, ideas, or anything without Deb taking it to the extreme. It's really quite sad. I've given up. She's gonna do what she's gonna do and she'll be damned if it makes any sense at all or not.

NOT my problem anymore.

sonicator 10-09-2005 10:45 AM

There isn't much there for employment except for the coast guard and a hospital. Housing is reasonable and there is a river that connects to the sound which does get you to the ocean. The outer banks is about 1/2 hour or so away. Not much of a crime problem typical small town. One movie theatre and a wall mart. Norfolk and Va Beaxh are about 45 min away. More stuff to do there job wise and entertainment.