Notices

Glasstream 273 SCX

Old 10-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Glasstream 273 SCX

Read the discription and then check out some of the pictures.

http://www.usauctions.com/BoatDetail.aspx?BoatID=5999
Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello to all, I know this chat is old.
I am looking at buying a new 2007 SCX 273.
What is the final assessment ? Is this a good boat, good haul ?
How would you compare Vs a Proline or Cobia ?
Thanks a lot.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by OneGoodSpy
Hello to all, I know this chat is old.
I am looking at buying a new 2007 SCX 273.
What is the final assessment ? Is this a good boat, good haul ?
How would you compare Vs a Proline or Cobia ?
Thanks a lot.
The Glasstream that crb76 talked about above is for sale here on OSO. I would bet that his 2006 328 is competitively priced with the new 273 you are looking into.

Clark is a good friend, and he keeps his equipment in great shape, AND the boat has extended warranties.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/page-12186.html
Old 11-08-2007, 03:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I know this is an old thread just seeing people's opinions on Glasstreams. My Baja looks like it's gonna get totalled after hitting a log on the hudson, so I'm looking to go in a different direction on my next boat. Looking at Donzi, Concept and Glasstream CCs.

-mike
'14 VW Touareg TDI
'17 Holden Commodore 6MT
'13 Subaru BRZ Spec 86 Cup Race Car
Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Registered

Im new here. I just bought a trailer from AL at Glasstream. I walked through his shop and saw his operation. The quality was top notch!! A.L. is very down to earth guy also.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Registered

Default Glasstream 328 - feedback needed !

Originally Posted by crb76
Tony,

I have a Glasstream 328SCX. What would you like to know? It is a great riding boat. I was in 8 to 10 last weekend and I only had to tighten two screws when I got back. I hear the 27 is nice also.

I am happy to talk about Glasstream. I had a great experience building my CC with them. 32'8 long, 8'11 Beam, 7500lbs w/ motors dry, 4000RPM Cruise 46-50mph, Top End 6250RPM 72mph GPS w/ 25 labbed Merc Rev 4s. Seen 73.8mph in Miami w/ a pair of 26 labbed Bravo One props. The Revs handle better. Good rough water boat. Can fit 8-10 people. Has a nice v-birth and self bailing hull...

Call me if you would like to discuss 713-540-0171.

Clark

Hello,

My name is Konstantinos and I come from Greece... I have found a Glasstream 328 – a 2007 model- with 2 verados 250 (with about 50 hours on them) and I find her very attractive!

To be honest though, I have never heard of the Glasstream company before (unlike fountain, donzi, hatteras, bertram, windy, etc.) or of their boats.

Once I checked them out on the web I discovered a heated controversy which gave me considerable pause.

I need your help in deciding! Of course one gets what one pays for, however I’m looking for a value proposition.

Anyone who wishes (and knows) kindly respond to my queries. CRB 76 you are one of the few people who actually own one, (and have positive comments...) here are some questions for you as well:

1) Is it a lake boat or a rough salt water boat? As I mentioned, I live in Greece and there are times during the summer, where the sea gets pretty rough, will it run smoothly and safely? Is this a confidence-inspiring ride or a boat for lakes and rivers? To be perfectly honest their site has more babes than waves…and that seems like misdirection to me.

2) Is the company service deplorable? Are there fibreglass issues? Does the 2007 model come with the 10 year warranty, are there any magazine or online sites where actually these boats have been tested by pros?

Definitely all hulls crack, but some more often than others, what’s the deal with Glasstream?

3) For a budget of around USD100K, with mainly fishing (ergonomics, practicality, space, low on luxury) and w/e trips (efficiency, reliability, fun factor) in mind, what boat would you recommend in the vicinity of 10 meters (Approx. 33 feet)? BTW, I’m open to buying second hand as long as my choice is the real deal and not a show-off’s choice.

As a final note Greek waters are characterized by very choppy and close-knit wave patterns that completely embarrass (and mince) hulls that are built for cruising or leisure, plus the average day (in the am and during late afternoon) is characterized by changing winds (I.e. not just head-on conditions, but ¾ rear etc!. ) that easily reach 5-7 on the Beaufort scale (Approx. 16-33 knots).

Thanks in advance mates!

Cheers,

Konstantinos
Old 12-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Registered

Default Glasstream 328 - feedback needed !

Originally Posted by crb76
Tony,

I have a Glasstream 328SCX. What would you like to know? It is a great riding boat. I was in 8 to 10 last weekend and I only had to tighten two screws when I got back. I hear the 27 is nice also.

I am happy to talk about Glasstream. I had a great experience building my CC with them. 32'8 long, 8'11 Beam, 7500lbs w/ motors dry, 4000RPM Cruise 46-50mph, Top End 6250RPM 72mph GPS w/ 25 labbed Merc Rev 4s. Seen 73.8mph in Miami w/ a pair of 26 labbed Bravo One props. The Revs handle better. Good rough water boat. Can fit 8-10 people. Has a nice v-birth and self bailing hull...

Call me if you would like to discuss 713-540-0171.

Clark

Hello,

My name is Konstantinos and I come from Greece... I have found a Glasstream 328 – a 2007 model- with 2 verados 250 (with about 50 hours on them) and I find her very attractive!

To be honest though, I have never heard of the Glasstream company before (unlike fountain, donzi, hatteras, bertram, windy, etc.) or of their boats.

Once I checked them out on the web I discovered a heated controversy which gave me considerable paus

I need your help in deciding! Of course one gets what one pays for, however I’m looking for a value proposition.

Anyone who wishes (and knows) kindly respond to my queries. CRB 76 you are one of the few people who actually own one, (and have positive comments...) here are some questions for you as well:

1) Is it a lake boat or a rough salt water boat? As I mentioned, I live in Greece and there are times during the summer, where the sea gets pretty rough, will it run smoothly and safely? Is this a confidence-inspiring ride or a boat for lakes and rivers? To be perfectly honest their site has more babes than waves…and that seems like misdirection to me.

2) Is the company service deplorable? Are there fibreglass issues? Does the 2007 model come with the 10 year warranty, are there any magazine or online sites where actually these boats have been tested by pros?

Definitely all hulls crack, but some more often than others, what’s the deal with Glasstream?

3) For a budget of around USD100K, with mainly fishing (ergonomics, practicality, space, low on luxury) and w/e trips (efficiency, reliability, fun factor) in mind, what boat would you recommend in the vicinity of 10 meters (Approx. 33 feet)? BTW, I’m open to buying second hand as long as my choice is the real deal and not a show-off’s choice.

As a final note Greek waters are characterized by very choppy and close-knit wave patterns that completely embarrass (and mince) hulls that are built for cruising or leisure, plus the average day (in the am and during late afternoon) is characterized by changing winds (I.e. not just head-on conditions, but ¾ rear etc!. ) that easily reach 5-7 on the Beaufort scale (Approx. 16-33 knots).

Thanks in advance mates!

Cheers,

Konstantinos
Old 12-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Konstantinos welcome..

I can only say that you should look at Concept boats also.
They are great company and build a solid performing boat.
I own a 27' with a 225 opti and it rides very well and the quality is great. They also build a 23, 27, 30, 32, 36 and now a 44. www.conceptboats.com

Another fantastic option would be a Pantera...they will build the 28 or 36 or 41 in a center console configuration. They are one of the best offshore boats..period. Call Pantera and speak to Jo 786-331-7100 www.panteraboats.com

Angel
Attached Thumbnails Glasstream 273 SCX-panteracc.jpg  

Last edited by Pantera24; 08-28-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Registered

Hello Patrick, thanks for the reply!
I know concepts boats are way better, however I haven't found any concept boats in Greece
Also renegade power boats seem nice, but none used boats for sale here. I wish I was in the States, so many branches, so many models more competition- better prices!

The only available models here are Fountain - Cigarette a few Donzi, however they cost about 120.000 $... Here we have no lakes for fishing, and people avoid sportfish, CC's etc
The Glasstream I have found has a fair price, (however there are so many people saying that its a bad boat). You get what you pay, and no doubt fountain, concepts and boston whaler are better, question is it worth buying a "new" 33 feet(about 90-100 K $, 2007 model, 45 hours) Glasstream, or is it better to go for a smaller (27-30 feet ) , older (4 year +, 200 hour +) fountain?
No that I am thinking about it, does anyone know how much would it cost to bring a boat from the US to Europe? Prices are way better there !

Thanks in Advance,

Konstantinos
Old 12-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can always have it shipped over from the states.
I know Pantera has shipped many boats over to Sweden, Finland, Germany, UK etc. Call Jo he is a wealth of information and is very helpful he can tell you how much it would be to ship over.

Quick Reply: Glasstream 273 SCX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.