New F2 Team needs sponsors

Notices

New F2 Team needs sponsors

Old 01-17-2002, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Havasucat

I agree that the sponsors do not think that they will get that type of exposure, that is why we have to introduce them to the sport, It can't grow if the sponsors don't come. I hate to keep comparing to NASCAR, but 5 year ago the sponsor $ was nowhere near what it is today, the sponsors helped it to grow. We are trying to introduce the sport to some new (or old) sponsors. We are looking for someone that can help us do that.

Someone must know a company that would like to sit down with us so I can show them how our team can provide them with millions in publicity. (races, tv(comercials with our boat in it), boat shows, parades, magazines, bilboards, driving cross country etc). Or know someone in marketing that agrees with me, and can help us make it happen.

Randy
Old 01-17-2002, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boat racing is a Hobby in alot of peoples eyes. Every one owns a car, few own a boat, even fewer own a fast boat. The public will watch but won't plan a day out to watch a race.
It is a hard sell to the public.
BUT I'M STILL RACING.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:26 PM
HavasuCat

Randy,

I agree with you, but I think emotiondriver's post says it all. Sad but true.

Old 01-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

So let me get this right, you think the sport is as far as it is going to go and you are content with that. You will continue to race, but not try to help yourself or the sport you love. With that it will stay put or go in the toilet. I think Michael A. is doing and has been doing a great job. I was kinda hoping he would jump in and back me up.

Just because some people have knocked on some doors and not gotten any response from the first 10-20 sponsors, does not mean it cant happen. If I didn't believe in this so much, I would have given up last year, or definetaly within the last 25 posts on this thread

Lets not be content
Old 01-17-2002, 06:52 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Randy your confusing time periods. Your getting answers about getting a sponsor today. Your right, in 10 years it would be great if the sport could grow like NASCAR.

Be the one to break the mold. Others have tried and succeeded and others have tried and failed. If there was a marketing manager that could land deals like your looking for their name would be well known. And how many other people are like you that would like a sponsor to buy a toy for them to play with.

I'm afraid your going to need to do the heavy lifting on your own with this one.

Shane, please tell us how Nicky did it and how much Penzoil paid and why.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Registered

APBA is great for the F boats. I want the sport to grow but after years of playing the game I'm just going to race on my budget and knock on more doors. I spent 30k last year rigging my boat to run Stock class from p2. I want the sport too grow but I'm being realistic. It's a hard sell
Old 01-17-2002, 06:59 PM
HavasuCat

Randy,

I hope you are not taking my post the wrong way. I encourage you to seek what you are after, and I hope you succeed. I think the sport can grow, and I hope more sponsors enter the arena. I just don't think it will be easy.

Old 01-18-2002, 12:46 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i've been tryign to convince the founder of Datek.com to sponsor a race boat for a while. I konwthey sponsored a sailboat in eth sydney-hobart ocean race sna it sank so tehya reapprehensive to go back to a another boat. However if i hooked him up witah roide in a 100 mph rocket he might be more willing to shell out some cheese.
Old 01-18-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered

You can't debate "optimism" and i am not going to try.

3.33% is not 33% however. If a NASCAR team cost $3,000,000 and we $100,000, you have to deliver 3.33% of the audience to be equal. If it cost $10,000,000 as some suggested, than you have to deliver 1% of the audience.

It's not cancer research.

Ted
Old 01-18-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Thats one of the great marketing tools to be used in this sport, Let me take you and your VIPs in the company for a 100mph ride out in 4' seas. That is the ride of a lifetime, and something they will be telling others about for years to come.

Quick Reply: New F2 Team needs sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.