Can I rent a boat trailer in NJ ? >

Can I rent a boat trailer in NJ ?

Notices

Can I rent a boat trailer in NJ ?

Old 01-15-2002, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Can I rent a boat trailer in NJ ?

I must be crazy ! I have 2 boats now, that are apart and just bought a 3rd one .Boating is a disease !

Anyway , I just bought a little 21' Omega jetboat with a 460 ford and a jacuzzi jet pump . It has no trailer and I have to pick it up Thursday night down near egg harbor and bring it home . I may end up using a flatbed and dragging it on .does anyone know of a cheap trailer I could rent that I could haul this boat home with ? ALso , Does anyone know anything about these boats ? Or about jetboat at all ? It's a 1977 . Thanks ,JOE
Old 01-15-2002, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe are you insane? 3 boats?
Old 01-15-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered

Well if worse comes to worse . I can use the good motor out of my big boat for this little jet boat ! "Jet set" better watch out then ! I wonder if this little jet boat comes with a 200 mph speedo ,or if I'll have to buy one .
Old 01-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Kentz

Boot - Omega was a pretty popular builder, I know that they made up to a 23' daycuiser. You don't say what year, but I'd guess mid to late 70's vintage. Hardin Marine (So. Cal.) did a lot of the 460 Ford marinizing back then. Don't believe Jacuzzi/Panther is in business anymore, Berkley was the biggest. Today's jet drives (LAKE LICE) are nothing more than copied technology from that era. I spent many an hour pulling ski ropes out of the intake grate and wrenching on them.

I had several Jet boats back in the late 70's,(Kachina, Beismeyer(sp), Carrera) they will set you back in your seat in no time, but will top out in mid-fifties, and suck gas like crazy, but can handle a full slide turn wide open. There was also different impellors for different applications available.

Through a jet-a-vator (trim) on that thing and rooster all over. Hope this helps a little.

Old 01-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Thanks Kentz, It's a 1977 . HE did say it has Hardin exhaust . I think it will be a cool toy .
Old 01-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Registered

i have a Custom Haul bunk trailer set up for my 253 Convicor. It's sitting up at the marina (Bensalem PA) if you think it could work for you.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:53 PM
Registered

Hey hi-perf-2000,send me your number so we can talk . e-mail me at : [email protected]

Thanks ,JOE
Old 01-15-2002, 09:55 PM
Registered

Boot,

I had a 18FT Challenger jet boat with a 454/Berkeley pump years ago. Most fun boat I ever had! Avanti Powerboats in Palmyra NJ used to deal with alot of jet parts, maybe give them a call. I had a jet-o-vator on mine and I could spray 300ft behind the boat! Used to scare my buddy while he was waterskiing!
For parts also try the back of Hot Boat magazine. Lots of suppliers in CA.

Bring it down to the river this summer and have a blast!!!

Toolman
Old 01-15-2002, 10:22 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info toolman . Hows the new boat ? Ready to go ?

Hey Mark ,Thanks ! ,JOE
Old 01-15-2002, 10:31 PM
Registered

boot,

Yep, the new boat is ready! I just want to change-out the icebox for a refridge, have the props re-conditioned and service the outdrives.

C'mon spring!!!

Dave (toolman)

Quick Reply: Can I rent a boat trailer in NJ ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.